PDA

View Full Version : excessive flatulence issues?

made0fscars
12-12-13, 21:45
I was wondering whether anyone else has become worried about how often they pass wind?

I'm in a very anxious state about a lot of things lately, I noticed I was farting a lot (I can't remember whether or not it used to be like this)

I was drinking Yakult (sugar free) and thought that may have been the cause but I stopped a few weeks ago and it didn't stop..

I don't fart as much when I don't think about it, but last week and this week on some days I have been counting, and yesterday it almost got to 30 farts..

not all of them make noise and some of them are very tiny and don't smell bad..

I looked online and convinced myself of a bunch of scary things that this could be a symptom of.. and doctors are useless as they just dismiss me as it 'oh it must be IBS'

has anyone else experienced this? it happened with me when I was excessively urinating as well..

Hypo
12-12-13, 22:20
It's nerves.

I fart all the time when I am nervous or anxious.

It's not harmful. IBS sufferer here and it is the most common cause.

You are fine xx

Emphyrio
12-12-13, 22:47
If its just farts, and its not accompanied by diarrhoea or stomach cramps, then I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. Apparently anything up to 40 farts a day is considered normal, so 30 doesn't sounds too bad really.

Excess gas can be caused by a lot of things - if you get them a lot whilst anxious I wouldn't worry about any food intolerances or anything. Also, sometimes these things come and go - a year or two ago I had pretty bad wind that lasted for about a year (though I also had stomach cramps) but then everything cleared up (in more ways than one lol) and I was fine.

Things will pass, but until then, make sure you keep away from open fires for the safety of you and everyone else :P

Fishmanpa
13-12-13, 00:38
Things will pass..... :P

Literally! ;) With all due respect, I know you're a bit stressed by this but it's the thread of the week by far! There have been pee threads and poo threads but a fart thread? Awesome!

We typically release up to 1.5 liters of gas a day. On average 15-30 poots. I've been known to blow that average out of the water much to the dismay of those around me :D During my treatment?... dang! Between all the chemicals going into me, the drugs, pain killers, laxatives, etc. I could have powered my truck for the ride back and forth to treatments ~lol~

It's totally normal and indicative of... well... being gassy ;) Pretty cool you kept count and a general description of the variety.

Let's face it... farts are funny! ;) I have a fart toy called the "Pooter". You hold in in your hand and squeeze. It sounds so real. Loads of fun in a public place. Check out some of the vids here (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL798B2D8ADA64C05A).

Positive thoughts and giggles :)

made0fscars
13-12-13, 15:17
If its just farts, and its not accompanied by diarrhoea or stomach cramps, then I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. Apparently anything up to 40 farts a day is considered normal, so 30 doesn't sounds too bad really.

Excess gas can be caused by a lot of things - if you get them a lot whilst anxious I wouldn't worry about any food intolerances or anything. Also, sometimes these things come and go - a year or two ago I had pretty bad wind that lasted for about a year (though I also had stomach cramps) but then everything cleared up (in more ways than one lol) and I was fine.

Things will pass, but until then, make sure you keep away from open fires for the safety of you and everyone else :P

Thank you for this reply, what so 40 a day is really considered normal? That sounds like so many, problem for me is I worry because it doesn't seem to be relived by a BM :/ and because I'm constantly thinking about it It won't stop, like last week it went away when my mind was focused on my other worries :/

Fishmanpa
13-12-13, 15:38
It varies but not unusual to play "Bach's Air on a G String" on a particularly gassy day :scared15:

Positive thoughts