PDA

View Full Version : I hate Doctors

willous1
13-12-13, 09:19
Hi

Just went to the doctors and had a bad time. As everyone knows I have real issues. I went in and spoke about my weight saying it's gone down then broke down about my anxiety. He just said well it's unlikely to be anything but were all going to die. It could be something or it probably isn't at your age. So I asked him if I need tests and he said you could have tests and it may not show up and that they should leave me alone and I should get on with my life and not weight self. If there was nothing wrong why couldn't he just bloody tell me like my other doctor. My one is not available for two weeks.

pearl79
13-12-13, 09:40
Maybe he/she didnt have any symptoms to go by. Maybe cuz theres nothing wrong with you!!! X

jimbobrooney
13-12-13, 09:43
problem with the UK is that GP visits are free. This encourages hypochondria. Over here in little old Ireland, its 50 euro a go minimum.

Sean - if you were pay 35 GBP every doctor visit , how much would you have spent in the last 12 months ?

willous1
13-12-13, 10:00
My credit card would be on fire. I have spoken to Kate and know the reasoning now for his wording. However this morning I've weighed my self and I've lost 3 pounds and gone to 12.9. I know we fluctuate but that's a joke. To be fair all I have had this morning is a cup of tea. Is this notmal

jimbobrooney
13-12-13, 10:06
u lose weight over night because your body is not taking in food. then when all you have in the morning is a cup of tea just makes the issue worse.

Eat a few eggs in the morning and you wont be losing weight :-)

willous1
13-12-13, 10:12
u lose weight over night because your body is not taking in food. then when all you have in the morning is a cup of tea just makes the issue worse.

Eat a few eggs in the morning and you wont be losing weight :-)

Ha I don't like eggs. Maybe I need to try them again after years of detest.

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 ----------

Plus, I actually agree with being charged for doctors appointments as it would give people a different mentality. I went online at 3 in the morning to book an appointment for 8.50. For health anxiety worriers that access is too easy. Maybe are national insurance cost could go down a bit though lol

jimbobrooney
13-12-13, 10:16
What are you plans for the weekend ?

willous1
13-12-13, 11:09
Work in the morning, then hopefully going to spend some quality time with my wife and kids. Going to steer clear of DIAZAPAM and my favourite drink Brandy. May watch some football although Palace will probably getting beaten my Chelsea.

---------- Post added at 11:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

I weighed myself again after a lucozade and apple and im 12'11 again.

jimbobrooney
13-12-13, 11:15
look at your diet

cup of tea followed by a lucozade ??

Diet is key is feeling happy and content. Cut out all the sugary drinks and crap food.

ALso write down the plan for the weekend now - fill it full of fun things . may sure the whole weekend is totally used up with activities and no drink or diazapam

Fishmanpa
13-12-13, 11:37
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=146296

Positive thoughts and good luck!

willous1
13-12-13, 11:46
Thank you, have read that. Only negative is me knowing I have had a bad diet in the past but im relatively young and hopefully can change easily.

jimbobrooney
13-12-13, 11:49
diet changes take effect within a week. it doesnt matter if you ate badly in the past or drank too much. I did plenty of binge drinking and mcdonalds.

The thing about the body is that it can take a huge ammount of punishment and not be affected long term. change now and you will be grand

one thing i will say is that exercise really saved me a few years ago. the endorphins released while running are wonderful and after the run you just feel like nothing is a problem

get active!

willous1
13-12-13, 12:10
Thank you Jim, You have been a great help. The way you go about things with replies is great.

Tanner40
13-12-13, 12:12
Morning Sean. I know that when I have been anxious in the past, I have dropped weight without trying. Mthe first time that was really having bad panic attacks, I dropped 30 plus pounds very quickly. I just knew that I had every cancer imaginable.

I think the idea of filling your weekend with fun things that will take your mind off of your worries is an excellent idea. How old are your kids and what fun things could you do with them this weekend? I try not to give myself time to sit around and let my mind wander to worry.

Try to relax and have some fun!

willous1
13-12-13, 13:21
They were four yesterday, Once I get through this panic I will think its a joke in a bad way. I cant believe ive made an issue about it.

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

The doctor said to be that if you obsess about anything your going to worry. He said if he kept worrying about his weight he would have issues.

nomorepanic
13-12-13, 13:35
Try and ditch the lucozade as it has caffeine in it - assuming you mean the fizzy one?

yenool
13-12-13, 13:41
My credit card would be on fire. I have spoken to Kate and know the reasoning now for his wording. However this morning I've weighed my self and I've lost 3 pounds and gone to 12.9. I know we fluctuate but that's a joke. To be fair all I have had this morning is a cup of tea. Is this notmal

:scared15::scared15:
You went to the dr because you lost 3lbs? What did you expect him to say?

Are you getting any treatment for this anxiety?

willous1
13-12-13, 14:52
Yeah but my diet has been really bad

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

After reading Skippys book and reading certain things I'm not panicking as much but finding the ruminating hard.

Fishmanpa
13-12-13, 15:17
Thank you, have read that. Only negative is me....

I agree... "If you think you can do a thing or you think you can't do a thing, you're right" Henry Ford

Positive thoughts and good luck!

Elsa_Alkaseltzer
13-12-13, 15:40
My weight fluctuates by several pounds throughout the day. I am always a few pounds lighter in the morning. That's why I like to weigh myself then! ;)

Fishmanpa
13-12-13, 16:11
My weight fluctuates by several pounds throughout the day. I am always a few pounds lighter in the morning. That's why I like to weigh myself then! ;)

True and especially after visiting the bathroom!... Reminds me of a quote by a comedian here in the States named Ron White. He's worth checking out on Youtube if you don't mind a little blue humor ~lol~

"Ever take a crap so big that your pants fit better? I'm hoping that happens to me later tonight, 'cause these babies don't fit anymore. I'm hoping I'm one big turd away from backing into an old wardrobe." Ron White

Positive thoughts and a laugh or two!

willous1
13-12-13, 16:52
Like that fishmanpa. Im feeling a bit better this afternoon. Just need this weight thought to leave my head.