PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to celebrate a tiny step

-Stella-
13-12-13, 09:56
Hello everyone,
Last night I had a horrible experience because I was using a kettle in my room (I'm in student accommodation) and it must have had a fault because it made the electricity in my room shut off! I had to go and get a maintenance guy to come and look at it, which would usually be out of the question and terrifying for me because I have really bad social anxiety (I would rather sit in the dark to be honest) - but I did not even have an anxiety attack, which I know I would have done a couple of months ago, so that was a great feeling.
Moreover, it meant that this morning when I wanted my morning coffee I had to go to the kitchen in the house and use the communal kettle, which I have never done before because I am frightened of running into one of my housemates and having to interact with them. It turns out that my need for coffee is stronger than my social anxiety now, so I made a successful trip to the kitchen (and didn't actually encounter anyone anyway). It sounds really silly, but this is actually a big step for me so I wanted to share :)
Stella

Annie0904
13-12-13, 14:15
Hi Stella, I am pleased that you were able to do this and these little steps give confidence to do more...well done :yahoo:

amazing
17-12-13, 21:07
Well done. It takes great courage.

blue moon
18-12-13, 11:41
Good on you Stella:D that is an achievement, very proud

Love Petra :hugs:

Tanner40
18-12-13, 12:17
Very well done, Stella. Those were some big steps and you should be proud of yourself. I find that the more I step outside of my comfort zone, the easier it becomes for me to take bigger steps.

SarahH
18-12-13, 12:18
Well done!! As you say "little steps"

Sarah

MrAndy
18-12-13, 12:24
well done stella ,the tiny steps all add up to eventual recovery :)