PDA

View Full Version : hypnosis/hypnotherapy etc

sarahblonde32
13-12-13, 09:59
Hi,

has anyone tried hypnosis or any of the treatments such as analytical therapy etc? Has it helped?
I'm seriously considering it, although some are very expensive, i am wondering if it will get deeper than counselling.
I'm trying to avoid going down the pills route.

Thanks
Sarah

theharvestmouse
13-12-13, 10:18
I had a hypnotherapy session, this is just m opinion but it was a complete waste of time and money and although I went into it with an open mind it did nothing for me. I think therapy which actually looks at changing our behaviour is much better. IN my experience CBT has helped me massively.

sarahblonde32
13-12-13, 11:09
Ok, thanks, yes i have been looking at both and i wasnt sure which to try first. I had hynosis before for a couple of different things and im not convinced about it.
Maybe cbt is the option for me.

sarah

MrAndy
13-12-13, 12:06
i tried it and it was a complete waste of money

Bonnibelle
13-12-13, 12:29
I had a session last week. It cost me £60. I wouldn't say it helped me other than on the night I felt relaxed.

I am going again next week and keeping an open mind.

bigh123
13-12-13, 19:36
ive had hypno for other things and it worked really well

jillyb
13-12-13, 22:19
I'm having hypno. It's costing a small fortune and I'm not convinced. Yes, it can help me to relax and I generally feel more positive on the day but it doesn't last. My hypnotherapist is also a counsellor and sometimes I just have counselling which I find more helpful. In fact he is really good. I have a lot of issues stemming from my childhood and he says that I have to address these. I am hoping it's not just the money he's after!

sarahblonde32
14-12-13, 16:58
Some of these 'alternative therapies' cost a lot and I do wonder about them!

AnxyLucy
18-05-14, 20:46
Hey Sarah,

I do think Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy could be useful in helping with anxiety or depression although I think you need to find the right therapist. I have been to a couple in the past one of which was a huge mistake. I went to see a lady called Anne Costelloe hypnotherapy from Pinner Hypnotherapy, it resulted in my anxiety and depression getting a whole lot worse aswell as leaving me quite traumatised. She seemed ok at first but, I started to notice things she would say during our sessions were a little strange and by the fifth session things were really not right, I wont go into details but it made me lot worse and when I questioned things she had been saying during the session lets just say she did not take it well. I put my trust in the therapist and was paying large amounts of money each session and they ended up being a swindler who had no care for my well being or mental health and was just after money. I cant believe I went to that many sessions to be honest, it was just in the faint hope that these strange and nasty things she was doing and saying would somehow help me but of course they never did.

There are so many vulnerable people out there who will pay these therapists in the hope of getting better but many of these therapist are not at all qualified and do not care for the person they are treating.

So please by all means try hypnotherapy but do your research before choosing a therapist.

Hope everything works out ok for you.