PDA

View Full Version : the work xmas do.

sarahblonde32
13-12-13, 11:15
hey all,

So i organised the work xmas do and there was no getting out of it. i had to go!
I HATE this kind of thing. At the moment my mum has breast cancer and its a worrying time, so my mind really wasnt on xmas or the partying, but i thought i better go along and i hoped a couple wines might be good.

But no, i was a mess. I dont really like eating out anyway, and i struggled. I couldn't eat, i nibbled at the food, i pretended i didnt like it, i drank some wine but it just made me feel sick. When im anxious i tend to retch and gag so eating and chatting was a huge struggle. i could not wait to leave.
I made small talk and forced some smiles but then i got my coat and left at 10.30. I had to use the 'not feeling well' thing.
Then i crawled into bed feeling really low and vowing not to attend another party and to get myself some help as i can't go on like this.
Just wanted to share.
I hope other peoples xmas parties are more successful than mine!:weep:
sarah

sarahblonde32
13-12-13, 12:32
:) enjoy marc!

Rennie1989
13-12-13, 14:27
Last year my work Christmas party was a nightmare. I was off work with depression and anxiety and my boss said I should go (it's not like I had a broken leg or the flu), I just couldn't get excited and one guy who works for us, thankfully not WITH, he made a point about me being unwell which threw me off balance. I went home in a fit of panic and paranoia. By far the worse crimbo party ever.

Don't not go to another party just because of one bad experience. Be kind to yourself, your mother is unwell so your mind is elsewhere, the next party you go to you will feel tons better and have a fab time. I've got my work party this Sunday and I've made sure that I feel a lot better about it, I've even bought myself a new dress and just got my hair done.

Keep positive :)