PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance needed please

Hypo
13-12-13, 16:52
My ex husband who I have three kids with won't live past monday. My anxiety is through the roof right now.

I have a thing on my mouth, looks like a flat ulcer with two little blister things the size of a pin prick. It's not an ulcer, but looks like one.

The dentist last week said it was fine as it would be much bigger, growing, an odd shape and bleeding by now.

GP said the same. Didn't think it warranted a referal.

I can't stop looking at it though. What if it is cancer and I leave my children behind too?

MissSunshine
13-12-13, 16:57
Of course your anxiety is through the roof :hugs:
How long have you had these flat ulcer type things? I have had a few the past few days due to a viral infection.

Almost everyone on this HA board has had a what if its cancer moment, and if your dentist and gp are not worried you shouldn't be either, esp as they didn't refer you.
xx

Hypo
13-12-13, 17:02
About a year I think.

jimbobrooney
13-12-13, 17:52
I am very sorry about your ex husband. YOu need to be strong for your children now, their father is dying and having experienced that at a young age myself , i can guarantee it will affect them very badly and stay with them for the rest of their lives.

you need to be there for them now and put them ahead of yourself

Your mouth is fine

Fishmanpa
13-12-13, 17:54
So Sorry to hear this news.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours :hugs:

Positive thoughts

Hypo
13-12-13, 20:18
Thank you.

Speranza
13-12-13, 20:23
I get things like that and they are NEVER serious. It is normal to fear dying when the other parent is dying. If possible, focus away from your mouth and onto the children. Much love to you. xxxxx

Hypo
13-12-13, 20:55
But it won't go away?

Been there too long now to go away. Probably longer than a year.

It's been a horrible time. Horrible. It's just SO hard.

jillyb
13-12-13, 21:13
I feel for you so much. My ex died in the summer and my health anxiety has spiralled completely out of control. My children are adults now but I can't bear the thought of them going through that again, and my ex's illness and subsequent death frightened me so much. I don't know what to say to you really, but I completely understand your fears. I had a bit of counselling but it didn't really help. It hit me in many ways. My ex's suffering, my kids grieving, my own grieving and the subsequent effect on my HA. I send you my love.

Hypo
14-12-13, 01:34
He's gone :(

Pet59
14-12-13, 04:46
So sorry to hear that Hypo. I dont even know what to say to you that will be of any help. My lovely husband was killed in a road accident at the end of May. Married at 33, widowed at 34. I miss him every day. Some days are horrendous. Some days arent as bad. I hope you are ok.

jillyb
14-12-13, 07:34
Hypo, I send my love and prayers to you and your family x

mummyanxious
14-12-13, 08:11
So sorry to hear your news. Please go to your gp and get referred for some counselling and practical help on how to help your kids through this too. There's nothing wrong with your mouth and you need to try and take the focus away from it and do practical
Things to help you at the moment. I don't know how old your children are but the best thing you can do is make a will (I know none of us really want to think about this) and appoint a guardian for them in the unlikely event anything will happen to you too any time soon. Just so you know they're with someone you want and trust. You may have steady done this so ignore me if I'm teaching my grandma. Big hugs

Hypo
14-12-13, 08:27
Mummyanxious, that is a great idea. Thank you.

They are 14, 12 and 10.

Thank you all so much xx

cattia
14-12-13, 08:52
I'm so sorry for you and your children hypo. Sending you love and strength. Xx

Raphaels
14-12-13, 11:11
All I can say is I'm truly sorry. Prayers and hugs to you all.:hugs:

jimbobrooney
14-12-13, 13:11
So sorry to hear that Hypo. I dont even know what to say to you that will be of any help. My lovely husband was killed in a road accident at the end of May. Married at 33, widowed at 34. I miss him every day. Some days are horrendous. Some days arent as bad. I hope you are ok.

This is a sad story. My condolences to you and yours. Make me feel terribly embarrassed when I worry about the nithing things in life

Tanner40
14-12-13, 14:53
So sorry for your and your chidren's loss, Hypo. Take care.