PDA

View Full Version : Looking for impartial advice. ..thanks

BecciBoop
13-12-13, 18:20
I'll try not to make this too long....

After a fall out with the inlaws which resulted in my other half having cross words with his dad, his mum and dad have not bothered to make any effort to see our son then 3 now 5 & 1/2. In this time we have since had another child now 18 months who they have never met. We live 40 mins away and used to visit each other regularly. His mother has always sent cards gifts etc for birthdays and Christmas For the boys in this time. Not sure if her hubby knows this though.
After trying to nip it in the bud, the other half rang his.mum and asked why she and dad doesnt wantto see the boys. Her reply was she has always wanted to see them bit didnt want to risk her marriage.
It seems his dad is still waiting for an apology after 3 years before he'll agree to seeing his grandchildren.
Now today a parcel for Christmas has come, signalling the fact that they still aren't ready to move on and meet their youngest grandson.
Would I be out of order to return the parcel???
Any advice would be welcomed. As you can imagine my family are mortified by the whole situation.
Thank you x

gypcyg
13-12-13, 18:44
Becci we men are stubborn to the point of stupid but without knowing more of what has caused the fallout then I can only offer limited advice.

I wouldn't return the presents, your mum-in-law is probably devastated by not seeing her grandchildren so why hurt her more?

Is it impossible to convince your hubby to apologise? Seems that would end the whole feud. Tell him that whilst he won't apologise six lives are severely affected but if he would just apologise, even if he still thinks he is in the right, then he could be the bigger man and a fantastic dad because he's putting others before himself.

BecciBoop
13-12-13, 18:55
Thanks for replying.

It simply does all boil back down to an apology you're right. I just cant get over how grandparents can go without seeing their innocent grandchildren for so long. I have a 5 year old boy asking me why he doesn't get to see them. I have no words for him :-(

gypcyg
13-12-13, 21:43
Why don't you suggest a meeting between hubby and his dad? Neutral place and a pre-meet promise that neither party will verbally or physically assault the other. Then the ball is in their court.