PDA

View Full Version : citlopram lightheadedness???

Koalabear1992
13-12-13, 23:41
So this was my first day of taking citlopram. I need to take my clonidene in a little while here. Anyone feel lightheadness and feel like passing out on it??? Kinda anxious about this ATM...

nomorepanic
13-12-13, 23:58
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nomorepanic
13-12-13, 23:59
From what I know of citalopram you will feel pretty crap for a few weeks with horrid side- effects - sorry!

Sedaw1
14-12-13, 01:43
I started yesterday on 10mg. I also feel light headed, almost 'spacey' and not here. Extremely nausea and feel 'on edge' all the time like my anxiety is going to take over.

I believe it's a normal reaction, and it differs from person to person. As hard as it is, you have to try wait it out which could take 2-6 weeks.

Are you taking it for depression on anxiety?

NorthernGeek
16-12-13, 09:02
It's just normal & at least for me wore off completely by the second week.

I take my tablet at 9am & for the first week my head started to feel 'foggy' a few hours later. My sense of balance sometimes felt a bit odd too, almost as if I were on a boat. I also had a few minor bouts of feeling oddly detached, e.g. at one point when I was washing dishes in the kitchen, I had the odd feeling I was somehow watching myself externally, but it only lasted a couple of seconds.

Don't worry, it's just normal & passes quite quickly as your body adjusts.