PDA

View Full Version : what are your positives thoughts/words at christmas.

fruity
14-12-13, 18:20
mine is to just enjoy it. because christmas makes me so happy im not going to let my anxietys take over on this special occasion.

pearl79
14-12-13, 18:30
I wish I could. my anxiety is just taking over me at the mo x

jimbobrooney
14-12-13, 18:57
Peace and goodwill

Spend lots of time with loved ones and share laughter and love

Don't let HA ruin you or your family's special Christmas

Fishmanpa
14-12-13, 19:33
Last year at this time I had just been diagnosed with Stage IV oral cancer. I had a tonsillectomy and biopsies on Dec. 21st 2012. They didn't find the primary. I had tumors growing in my neck and an uncertain future. I spent Christmas in excruciating pain from the surgery and in a narcotic fog from the pain meds. Quite frankly, I don't recall much of anything.

This year I'm cancer free. I got my 2nd NED (No Evidence of Disease) report on Nov. 19th. I'm healing. I have issues but don't we all. Most of all I'm HERE! I'm blessed beyond words. I'm asking my girlfriend and life partner of three years to marry me. I don't know what the future holds but I live each day in the moment and enjoy my life to the best of my ability.

Christmas/New Years is a time of family, friends and loved ones. It's a time to reflect on the blessings in your life and to put away the negatives. I look forward to next year and the blessings that will come my way.

How will spend your Christmas and New Year? Will you celebrate the gift of life or spend it worrying? How did you spend 2013? In fact, how did you spend the previous years? How many were sure they had a deadly disease? Of those that thought that, how many are still here? What does that tell you?

Do whatever you can this season to put the negatives away. Don't allow your affliction to ruin this most wonderful of times for yourself or your family.
Renew your faith in yourself and life. Vow to fight and win.

"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The test doesn't matter. It's like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Positive thoughts

jimbobrooney
14-12-13, 20:26
Well said fish man and congrats on the NED

I think we all need to recognise the amount of people now being healed / treated successfully of cancer is huge and growing all the time. The disease is nothing like it used to be !

My mother was very sick from cancer 15 years ago and we feared the worst And now i'm 100% confident she will dance at my wedding next year :-)

MrAndy
14-12-13, 20:40
This time last year I was breaking down ,now I feel 80% better and I'm not going to let anxiety or depression ruin my Christmas this Year
I am going to relax and take it easy :D

Merry Xmas everyone :)

Fishmanpa
14-12-13, 20:40
Thanks Jimbob

I compare HA to cancer and they're alot alike in that they can take your life. The biggest difference is that one can bury you below ground and the other above.

HA is an illness just like any other and one can be healed. You have to fight just as hard as if it were a serious physical illness but it can be done and one must adopt the "warrior" attitude. They don't call us cancer survivors "warriors" for nothing I assure you. You have to fight with all you have to get well but it can be done.

It's a Christmas wish to see many here become warriors, defeat the beast called anxiety and come back and help others do the same.

Positive thoughts

fruity
15-12-13, 15:26
loved all the posts. & congratz fishmanpa. merry xmas all & may god be with us.