PDA

View Full Version : Constant burping, any help/ideas?

emet2013
14-12-13, 20:04
Hey guys,

I'm going to try and keep this real short but provide some background for you all as I assume it's all linked.

I've always been emetophobic, no specific reason why, no particular event to make me like it but since childhood I've never liked being sick. The last time I vomited was 2007 and that was because of a burger that was undercooked I think. I went for 2 years being emetophobic i.e. getting all the symptoms like bloating, generally feeling sick etc, however this was during secondary school and I think my mind got diverted because for 5 years (from 2008 to 2011/2012) I was completely fine!

However last year an incident happened that left me feeling really sick and nauseous through something I ate and I ended up dry heaving. The whole phobia descended on me and I've been this way since July last year.

I basically need to burp all the time. I think it started in my mind like "if you burp, the feeling of feeling sick will go away", however I cannot be sure. I need to burp during the night, morning, all the time. The thing is, it IS actual air/gas coming out. It feels trapped in my stomach/throat, and when it eventually does come, I can feel/hear it, the relief is immense.

I had a blood test last year and it came back fine. So I don't know what to do really because i just want to live my life again. Once, I needed to burp so bad that I panicked and ended up dry heaving. It's a nasty feeling.

I just wondered if anyone here had experienced this and managed to recover from it or get help? My doctors don't seem to willing to help me if I'm being honest!

Rls1994
22-12-13, 05:01
Hmm, I'm slightly different to you. When I do burp, I feel relief for a few seconds and then the feeling is back again. :( These burps aren't normal either. They often need forcing to pass, and they're very tiny.

You know what I hate the most? I get this sensation of something 'coming up' and don't know if it's air or vomit. It sure does feel like it sometimes! It's really depressing me, seriously. Most time I can't sleep because of it.

If I ever find a solution I will let you know. :) I'm pretty sure anxiety has something to do with the burping, though.