PDA

View Full Version : This is massive for me could change my life please help !!!!!!!

maximus1975
14-12-13, 20:53
before u read this please bear in my mind ive cut my meds from half to a third

the time has come the form as I have to fill in a medical quetionare if I can get to the medical im through as that is just a blood test for booze and im sorted for that one as I havnt drank for 18 months
am i addicited to benzo's ?? how do i answer that yes i was but im not now as im coming of them at 5mg a fortnight so no im not dependent??
have i ever misued benzos? in my opinion no because i needed them at the time when my mrs passed away so im coming of them??
have u been in hospitol in the last 3 years coz of alcohol ?? well i was in hospitol with pancreatitus dr pyser said it was because i had extremly high cholesterol,tryglicerides andpancreatitus ??? but booze does help these rise to this i dont want to lie.!!!!!

please give a list of any clinics im attending well i was seeing a pysch but he has said he doesnt want to see me for 12 months as he feels its a waste of time!!!! so how do i answer that???
do i have an illnes or medical condition that could affect my driving ??there looking for a yes or no , when i list my tablets im on diazepam, qautiapine, venlfaxine, they may feel like i should say yes , but i think the answer is no because i drove for 6 years on these meds , should i write this below there is space ?

after reading this we may need to write to your gp to decide wether your fit for a medical ?? dam right i am shall i send the two reports i have from my gp and pdoc stating that im fit to drive in there opnion, this may annoy them as they said they will contact if needed?? i dont wont them saying im not fit to drive without seeking the history of my illness and how ive improved a hell of a lot and hope to be drug free within 6 months the pysch says " there is no reason why i see dylan ca not drive as he is in a much better mental state he hasnt drank for 18 months but i apprciate it is your desision" the dr has said the same he is even more pro me driving so i get my buisness back going,
there is so much i want to write on the form but cant as there is no space,

the last one is have I ever visited a hospital or gp due to alcohol guess I better to the as alcohol has had an affect on me metally more health anxiety wise because of my high
cholesterol/tryglicerides and the odd panic attack leading to some nasty depression???? this has passed now but yet again I don't get to put that!!! its a frustrating form to fill in all I want is my car back I have so much to gain from this ie my business will be back booming but they don't even ask about that I guess this will be in my drs psych report??? thankyou in advance im desperate

Annie0904
14-12-13, 21:46
All I can say is that you answer as honestly as you can and I think it is a good idea that you include the reports from your doctor. I hope the results are in your favour so that you can get back to driving again.

nomirawr1
14-12-13, 23:21
I would answer them honestly as you are today - so with the questions:

Are you addicted to benzo's? - no, no you arent (even though you may have been in the past, you aren't now).
When they ask if you've been in hospital in the last 3 years due to alcohol, typically they're looking for accidents you've had while drunk, liver damage due to drinking, etc... stuff that is really obviously only happening because you were drunk/drinking too much.

With the psych - even if he doesn't want to see you for 12 months, you're still under their care, so I would include that.

Where it asks for medical conditions and illnesses that may affect driving - I would answer no. Those you list are medications that may affect you, not illnesses or medical conditions. They're typically looking for things like eye-sight problems, seizure disorders, and the like.

The last question: have you ever visited a hospital or GP due to alcohol - just say yes, its an honest answer

Try not to feel like you have to fully explain every answer - if they are concerned, or need to question you or your GP/Psych further, they will go ahead and do that, and they'll see that you're making progress, etc... and have come a long way etc.. etc... and then will take that into account.

That's just my opinion though... that's how I would fill it out, though I do understand that it's hard to not justify every answer if you think it's an unfavourable answer.