PDA

View Full Version : Could i get some clarification please

Pewkz
14-12-13, 22:35
Late october i went to the doctors to see if i could get some help with the way i was feeling , i had previously took paroxetine when i was about 21 im 31 now and it turned me into a new woman ! it was amazing and i swore if i ever felt bad again that there would be no hesitation on asking for help ,

So i did , i asked for 20mg paroxetine as i had taken before , the doctor was a bit hesitant as she said she doesn;t give this Antidepressant out on the first try but because i had taken it before and was ok she prescribed it

I took the first pill and omg .... 21 hours of sheer hell .. My pupils dilated like saucers , i had the worst panic i have ever experienced in my life ... it was non stop for 21 hours .. i woke up every hour , my room was weird i didnt recognize it , everything was so horrible , it wore off , but then i realised i was not feeling like myself anymore , i didnt recognize myself at all , looking in the mirror scared the life out of me , for a while i didnt feel like i knew my mum or dad , everything just felt so bizarre like i was in my head but not my body .. its been like that for 8 weeks now , although i feel like it has eased a bit i can look in the mirror and i know my mum n dad .. i just feel still not here ? i have suffered DP before but only for a few minutes when im about to have a panic attack , but this has really made me question my sanity ..

at one point i really felt like i possibly might be going insane lol .. sounds funny when i type it but i really felt it , i try and forget it but then it hits me and i feel a wash of panic run over me , and it starts again ,

apart from this DP i am coping , i have maybe one small panic attack every other week if that , so i dont understand if its DP because i dont feel overly anxious , i think im worried that anti depressant has damaged my brain for good ... i really hope thats not the case =( and that it was just the sheer shock of how horrendous i felt .. hope someone can help me ..

Alicja
14-12-13, 22:50
Hiya - I have been on Seroxat - Paroxatine for the last year now, however was prescribed Paraxatine on a repeat prescription and these are not the normal brand that I usually receive and I must admit I have felt rotten these past few weeks, combined with my Emetophobia and SAD, i feel like I am going insane - I need to try and concentrate on just living - as Anxiety and worry can take over everything - have you gotten in touch with your GP since you have been on them again and discussed how you are feeling??xxx

---------- Post added at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

Also was going to mention that like you I was on them over 5 years ago and they did help greatly and when I first started taking them this time around they made me feel sooo much better - but I guess we are all different xx

Pewkz
14-12-13, 22:58
Hey , thanks for the reply !

I am sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it :( .. i was taking 10mg seroxat earlier this year and they didn't effect me in anyway bad , i just felt i was ok so stopped taking them , but i have to say this tablet i took was extremely different from any of the previous times i have taken them ...

I did go back and asked to try escitalopram , but my doctor was all .. oh no they are just the same as citalopram just remarketed so they could get a patent or something .. i forget exactly what he said lol .. he wanted me to try beta blockers for a month , but after that epsiode with the paroxetine i felt like i was in need of help .. so i tried taking the citalopram 10mg and my panic attacks just didnt stop .. i also started worrying about having to come off them when the time was right and also how they could change my moods , and realised i really do not want to be dealing with that .. so after 5 days i stopped , i started taking my inositol and beta blockers and all i can say is inositol is a miracle for me , it stopped my panic attack i was having within 15 minutes of taking it , it eased my mind of these horrid intrusive thoughts i was having , but for the last few weeks ive been ok without anything , just wish to god this feeling of not really being in my body would shift away ,

I suffer social phobia too in august i had to FLY TO ITALY omg lol for a family wedding .. and the journey going was when i had my first taste of DP for a long time , i got out of it within seconds then had the most terryfing experience ever on the flight , i hate flying then coming back was horrible ,

i experienced DP a few times after that but it went almost straight away , this time though after that 21 hour marathon it just wont shift , its eased about 30% but i just need to know that this is DP or sounds like it and that i havent damaged my brain :(

Oh and to add i am waiting for CBT , i had a phonecall with the mental health team and talked to them and the lady was lovely and im just waiting for my appointment date now ! .. i have been suffering for so long i want it gone forever now , so i really need to learn how to deal with everything rather then just a band aid , which seems to have failed me on this occasion lol

teej
15-12-13, 12:56
Sorry to hear about everyone struggling.

I had a bad time getting onto citalopram with horrible derealization symptoms and panic which went away eventually. However, it does seem every time I miss a dose I get some of this coming back.

Citalopram and escitalopram, when I looked into this, have essentially the same benefits, with escitalopram being more expensive. Although I'm in no way a medical professional...

Cú Chulainn
15-12-13, 19:37
Teej

Hi Teej.
Ive just started on Cit and been experincing pretty severe DR effects..
Just looking at your post above was wondering how long bedore these side effects begin to subside.
Starting Uni again tomorrow just worried :)

Pewkz
15-12-13, 20:31
I just really wanted some clarification from some other members who have suffered Dp , if this is what it sounds like i am dealing with here , and also that i havent damaged my brain permanently from taking that paroxetine .. can someone let me know please :(

bab
15-12-13, 20:37
You won't have damaged your brain. DP/DR makes you feels weird. Like you are here but not really here. The more attention you give it the worse it becomes. Its still only been 8 weeks so give it time to lessen. It won't have damaged your brain its just horrid side effects

Pewkz
15-12-13, 20:44
Thank you so much for replying , You are right , i will give it time and just ignore it as best i can , I know this was brought on by the massive 21 hour panic attack marathon i experienced , i was just worried that , that one AD tablet i took messed me up for good , but i only feel that way because of the DP , i know it will go eventually , its just hard to deal with , it is getting better though