PDA

View Full Version : Palps with light head/breathless

Seffie
15-12-13, 08:52
Hi, have been quite stressed just lately & have had a return of some panic/anxiety issues so not really surprised that I'm getting a few more runs of irregular beats. I do get ectopics but they don't worry me too much. These runs are where my heart is beating irregularly for about 5-8 seconds. I've had tests & had an ECG follow up earlier this year & the cardio said it's possibly atrial flutter or something similar but if they only last afew seconds then it's nothing to worry about.
This morning I was driving & had a run that lasted around 8-10 seconds I think (I wasn't counting!) but the scary part was that I felt very light headed as though the blood wasn't getting to my brain & my breathing was affected - not really breathless but altered somehow. It's so hard to remember as obviously I was panicking. I coughed really hard 2 or 3 times & it returned to normal though racing through the panic.
I will make an appt to see my doctor but just wondered if anyone else experiences this 'blood not getting to brain feeling' (I wasn't seeing spots or anything so didn't feel faint) or feeling your breathing change with their palps. Thanks.

clover1201
15-12-13, 18:49
Hi THere

This is me!! I get runs all the time. I have an abnormal egc but we can find what is causing it except from "small" cornary arteries. I get runs of sometime 2,3,4 but sometimes they last for 5 - 10 secs and are very scary. I can feel that my heart is all over the place and not beating properly. I suspect mine is AFib or flutter. I guess that because if it was vtac or vfib i would have serious effects from them. I dont at the min the just make be feel a little lightheaded and breathless. I have no pain and dont feel sick. If you ever find an answer or cure please let me know.

Seffie
31-12-13, 09:21
Thanks for your reply Clover-sorry I'm late replying to you.