PDA

View Full Version : another question

goose
15-12-13, 09:51
hi everyone

just a quick question. does anyone have trouble sleeping using citalopram
im just entering my 5th week is this normal and does it improve. i think i just drift in and out light sleep

goose:unsure:

Pipkin
15-12-13, 10:07
Hi there,

Check out the Citalopram/Celexa forum - there are loads of threads which should show you success stories and the difficulties some people have had.

Pip

teej
15-12-13, 12:34
Hi goose. I don't know whether it's normal or not but I suffer from this and I'm about 5.5 weeks in.

I spoke with my GP about it and the main outcome was:

Keep bedtimes regular
Avoid stimulation before bedtime
Cut out the caffeine (like I need more stimulation!!)
If you wake in the night, stay in bed, and you will cat nap. This should be enough for you to function.
Avoid alcohol (disrupts sleep patterns)

So far this has worked for me - I can function fine but don't feel I sleep all that well. I've also tried some other remedies but none have worked successfully or leave me feeling terrible in the morning.

citalopram1
15-12-13, 13:00
hi everyone

just a quick question. does anyone have trouble sleeping using citalopram
im just entering my 5th week is this normal and does it improve. i think i just drift in and out light sleep

goose:unsure:Yes goose it is quite normal, it took me about 2 months before my proper sleeping patterns returned back to normal. It is quite tiring though as i always felt so tired the first couple of months. I've been on citalopram twice and both times it effected my sleep during the first few weeks. Just know you will feel so much better soon.:)

teej
15-12-13, 13:10
Yes goose it is quite normal, it took me about 2 months before my proper sleeping patterns returned back to normal. It is quite tiring though as i always felt so tired the first couple of months. I've been on citalopram twice and both times it effected my sleep during the first few weeks. Just know you will feel so much better soon.:)

That's really good to know. Thanks citalopram1!

goose
15-12-13, 15:31
thanks guys good to know:yesyes:

NorthernGeek
16-12-13, 08:50
I have always had awful insomnia & for the last 20 years had got used to managing with only around five hours sleep. Since starting on Citalopram last month though, I get tired much more quickly & feel like I need to sleep much more than that, but my body clock is so used to surviving on the bare minimum, that it refuses to adjust. i.e. if I go to sleep two hours earlier then I wake up two hours earlier & can't get back to sleep despite just as tired.

The last few days though, I have managed almost six hours though & hope that my sleep patterns might slowly be changing as I am absolutely exhausted.

Sedaw1
16-12-13, 08:53
I do too. I've only had 2 days on 10mg and 2 days on 20mg.

My doctor gave me temazepam to help. I fall asleep within 10 min after taking it but am wide awake after 3 hours. In the past 4 days I think I've averaged 4-5 hours per night.

I hope it settles for you soon, I couldn't imagine having to go 5 weeks like this!