PDA

View Full Version : Eyesight anxiety

Hope1
15-12-13, 16:54
Hello
I have had anxiety for nearly 10 years.
My trigger this time is that over 12 months ago I had laser eye surgery it went well and I have been generally pleased. However at the end of october my anxiety hit me like a ton of bricks and now I am so depressed. The cycle I find myself in is obsessing about my eyesight. I feel panic dizzy and vision goes blurred. It's so hard I cannot control these thoughts and every day I exist like a zombie feeling so spaced out with no emotion and constant fear about my eyes.
Can anyone relate to this.?
Thanks you for listening.x

jimbobrooney
15-12-13, 17:12
Fraud not . Maybe it's something to do with SAD?

Mr Mannering
15-12-13, 17:27
I can ..... Dizzyness is a trigger of mine which nearly always leads to my vision being effected. I know that you tell yourself deepdown how can this be normal it must be something not right. Well I had every test under the sun now I think and nothing is ever to be found. I too used to wander around feeling like i'm floating. All this really is Anxiety you need a good distraction and cut back on any anxiety triggers that might keep you feeling like this. i.e too much coffee, caffine or such like... you know all the usual ones that we all talk about on here.

Hope1
15-12-13, 18:15
Thank you for your replies. I too over the years have had so many tests all relating to my dizziness. I've always been told it's anxiety. Anxiety is my main focus of every day. It's not easy to take an interest in anything else. My anxiety obsesses over a particular thing. At the moment it's my eyes. I wish for a day with peace of mind. It seems so far out of my reach.