PDA

View Full Version : feeling stupid

LostRainbow
15-12-13, 17:20
So today I went to the supermarket to get a few bits and pieces. I filled my basket up and went to the self service checkout. I had £30 cash and when I got to £28 I realised I didn't have enough money on me causing me to start panicking. I put a few items behind the basket that I couldn't afford so I didn't have to scan them but now I feel ridiculous and I'm feeling incredibly anxious. I go there regularly and the people who work there might recognise me as the person who left stuff behind. I feel like I can't go back there any time soon and it is making me ill thinking about it.

teej
15-12-13, 18:23
Hi LostRainbow,

Don't worry. These things happen. If anything the people in the store probably felt worse for you than you do. Don't forget they're just normal people too. We all make dumb mistakes - I make a bunch of them all the time - at work, at home. I laugh at them now though and turn them around to make me stronger. These thoughts you're having can't hurt you - no one is going to hurt you because you made a simple mistake. It's why pencils have erasers. :)

In reality in these times this is happening to people all the time with prices going up. I remember working in checkouts feeling terrible about my customers.

If you're interested PM me and I can tell you some funny stories about me road cycling (I'm the big guy in the lycra!) and how that taught me how to solve this problem in my life. I had exactly the same as you a lot!

T

LostRainbow
15-12-13, 21:01
Thank-you! I have calmed down a bit now, it is just that now and then some things really get to me. It is like my mum says 'No one is going to take you out the back and shoot you' although on super anxious days that doesn't sound so terrible... I have been controlling my anxiety well recently and that just threw me off :(

hheavenlyangel
15-12-13, 21:54
Oh my.... I have done this so many times from time to time you will notice items near the checkout that don't belong there. Those are from people who have changed their mind at the last minute. Am so glad you're feeling much better about it now. Just remember that you are not the first one and you certainly won't be the last :) Have a great day..... and you're not stupid :)