PDA

View Full Version : Just anxiety?

holly1986
15-12-13, 18:28
Hey everyone

its been a long time since ive posted, because I found i was looking for medical advice rather than anxiety assurance at times which wasnt fair on anyone else.

Anyways, Ive had some issues lately and I really need to get it off my chest and see what you all think.

Ok, so life has been pretty damn stressful lately, people Im close to are unwell and work etc has played its part too, but i went on holiday and it was a great break for me, until i returned..

Im convinced theres something wrong with my heart!

On the plane home, i was getting elbow pains, Ive been getting arm/shoulder pains and I keep getting pains in the centre of my chest which sometimes pass if i burp (sorry to be rude!)

now i have a cold and on friday i had a very sharp pain in my left ribcage through to my back and into my chest it didnt last long but it was very sore and i panicked, then yesterday i went for lunch and while i was shopping with the girls afterwards I had a very very sharp pain in my right breast through to my ribs and into my back, it didnt go away and in the end i phoned my dad to take me home, I felt awful, i couldnt move, my breathing was shallow and i thought i was dying - i know this was on the right side and the hearts on the left but i was so terrified, the pain subsided after a nights sleep but today i still have some pain in the area and my back is sore.

I have GAD and i panic easily but this felt like it was justified. Im going to a doctor tomorrow but im so nervous, my dad says its a combination of coughing with the cold and indigestion. He says because i am so tense i will have spasmed a thorax muscle and while i want to believe him, im petrified. He says my arm pains are caused by me constantly stretching them and tensing them without realising.

Im not looking for a medical diagnosis because im going to a doctor tomorrow but have any of you had this? Is it anxiety? Why am i getting this? Do you have any advice for me?

Im spending all my time crying and praying that im going to be ok..

Thank you all so much

xxxxx

pepperutchie
16-12-13, 00:13
Hi I can totally relate to your post, I am in a stressfull situation now plus lack of sleep this really brings this feeling like the soreness in the middle of my chest and sometimes radiates to my back and it remains sore for days also pain all over arms legs tummy particularly on my right side this really brought me into panic had this 5 months ago and have 2 catscan and everything was fine just don't know what to think and do