PDA

View Full Version : Scared of the future world :(

jonathonlemon
15-12-13, 19:01
I constantly get paranoid that when i'm a adult life will be completely different, with technology taking over jobs it will be a completely different world, i will never get to have my dream job (filmmaker) and all social gatherings will be a thing of the past with virtual reality taking over.. I think the roots of this paranoia is that i'v always watched movies and couldn't wait to grow up and live that life, it kept me sane.. but now i have nothing to look forward to, no aspirations because i know that a computer could do my job 1000 times better than a human could do it, and finding that special someone will be taken over by 'perfect' IA relations that are made for us..

ps. im 15

PanchoGoz
15-12-13, 19:13
Goodness you are a deep thinker for 15! You will go much further than any computer with a brain like yours.
Don't worry, we are on the brink of a paradigm and people are beginning to notice how technology is taking over. There was a video recently hilighting the over use of the iphone and it shocked everyone...apart from iphone users!
I worry about similar things to you, but others do too and that's what causes change. The world will find a balance :)

jonathonlemon
15-12-13, 19:20
Thank you :), i too think that an anti-technology subculture will emerge in time.. do you have a link to that video? I would love to check it out