PDA

View Full Version : still trapped

Kmccluskey
15-12-13, 20:02
hey , me again. even worse than before. I have been told my medical professionals that this is all anxiety, I have made numerous trips to a and e recent and I don't appear to be getting better. I need to ask if anxiety is capable if creating all these symptoms, the symtpoms link very closely to heart problems. I have been having periods were I feel extremely light headed , have a horrible feeling if discomfort in my chest, and not the hyperventialting sense, also yesterday , the chest discomfort was felt in my neck , sort of like a constricting feeling, I also felt very weak and restless. the general consensus is that I am too young for cardiac problems. I think this I a dangerous assumption. I also have that feeling of something just being wrong , so my question is , could I have coronary heart disease at the age of 22. my symptoms and their triggers suggest this but the medical profession just think I'm a hypochondriac. anyone shed any light ?

Kieron

EllyW
16-12-13, 00:53
If this is what the drs have said, it seems you're physically ok. I have had all of these symptoms - many times - and I can assure you it is severe anxiety. I went to A&E 4 or 5 times for ECGs etc. Nothing wrong. But anxiety is an illness that needs treating. It can be beaten though. Trust me, I've done it. Anxiety causes hideous physical symptoms.

Kmccluskey
16-12-13, 02:23
have you had the synptom of chest discomfort going into your left ark stomach and neck, that was the one that really worried me.

xBettyBoopx
16-12-13, 02:46
I have all these symptoms too on and off! It is really frightening but you have had tests and if they came back okay then it is anxiety. I have the strange pain type thing going up the throat too and you think maybe your having heart attack or something just as bad but it all sounds like anxiety to me.

Let me just tell you that I was a lot younger than you when I thought I was having a heart attack (several times a day) and I'm now 56 :wacko: Just letting you know that, I know we are all different but 99.99% of people with health anxiety have nothing physically wrong with them.

Els
x