PDA

View Full Version : Advice to come off propranolol

Dollie
15-12-13, 20:08
Hi All

Can anyone give me any advice on coming off Propranolol:scared15:

I've tried to reduce the dosage, i'm on - 50mg a day (5x10mg). I take three in the morning and two in the evening and i've been on them for some 8 yrs.

I suffer with health anxiety and to be honest, know i always will but I went on them when my husband and i split up, things got really bad on my own and gradually I went from 30mg up to 50mg, however i've now met a lovely man and things have been going well for nearly two years now so I want to come off them as I feel so much better and life seems so much nicer/easier etc. I do still have worries about my health constantly but I feel I can manage this most of the time. I really would like to come off them totally but if not to at least get back down to 20/30mg. But whenever i try I seem to suffer with Urticaria (blotching of the skin?) get headaches and being very shakey? Is this normal? does anyone have any experience of this? I get really worried when this happens, mostly due to the HA and then end up going back to 50mg a day? I'm begining to think I will be on them for life now but would so like to come off them if i can.

Any advice would be really appreciated :):)

Fishmanpa
15-12-13, 20:13
Hi Dollie,

It's wonderful you have someone in your life :)

One should always consult their doctor concerning reducing, increasing or coming off psychotropics.

Positive thoughts