PDA

View Full Version : body lumps

lily12
15-12-13, 21:55
Hi i have had h a for years on and off but for the last 3 months have been bad and a month ago i thought i found 2 lumps in my breast went to doc but she said its nothing but tissue but i need to go back in a few weeks then i found a lump under my arm and went back to doc she was really nice but says there is nothing there i have had swollen glands in neck for years but now im paranoid about them even though been told they are fine now i cant stop checking my body for lumps and feel things everywhere now its my stomach im sure the right side is harder and feels s bit lumpy but no lump as such should both sides feel the same i feel like im going mad :doh:

LE
16-12-13, 00:44
I have been suffering from health anxiety for 3 years. Infact this is my fourth christmas with it in my life! :(

Over these years I have had lots of symptoms all of which at the time I have attributed to cancer of some sort. But they have gone away although always replaced with another symptom.

But maybe for the past year symptoms have not been as noticeable. But my obsession is over lumps an also symmetry. I feel around my body, and look for a corresponding lump or bump on the other side of body. If its there I feel a bit resisted but usually it's not the same size so I freak. I hate lumps and cann feel them everywhere because I dig so hard.

My current search is my neck. I have been over every inch of it I've the past week. I have probably spent hours in total poking and prodding. Of course I have found little lumps and bumps. I have convinced myself they are lymph nodes and yet my gp, a consultant ENT and an osteopath have told me I have no swollen lymph nodes. It's so bad that I have actually caused a cut in the back of my neck because when I was poking over and over my nail was rubbing into my skin and caused a sore.

Over past couple years I have prodded into my ribs, breasts, stomach and now my neck. I am going to try and leave my neck alone for a week or so and then get my doctor to check for me. I keep thinking about asking for an ultrasound but my gp said there is nothing to scan.

I am takin sertraline although I stopped in for a couple of months and this is why I am do bad at the moment. The sertraline for me takes away the compulsive checking behaviours. It's amazing how it takes it away for me. But it's going to take a few weeks for me to build it up again.

Anyway just wanted to say I totally understand what you have said.

lily12
16-12-13, 06:41
Thanks for your reply i really feel for you going through this for that long i am the same have had lots of things wrong with me but get rid of one thing and another appears i have got swollen nodes in my neck found them about 3 years ago one is big well i think it is but doc say they are fine and i have no other symptoms can i ask if you have noticed anything about your stomach im the same as you both sides have to match but my right side from the bottom right up past my hip bone seems to have harder muscle or tissue i dont think its a lump or i dont know if its part of my stomach cause i have to press really hard to feel it i have ibs also but dont think thats anything to do with it x

LE
16-12-13, 11:19
Hi

I feel lumps and bumps all over my stomach. I always feel left side looks fuller, always has. I've had abdominal MRI or something else and all was ok.

In terms of the nodes in neck what size are they? I've seen a haematologist as I was scared I had cancer, and she took blood tests looking for cancer and all was normal. I have also seen an ENT twice. In the summer and then last week which was 3 months later. Both times he's has said nothing swollen. I can feel things tho .

lily12
16-12-13, 12:12
Well my stomach doesnt seem normal then because this is the right side but i do think it feels like its supposed to be there because its my right side from bottom to top so if it was a lump im sure i would have other symptoms.my lymph nodes in neck i have about 5 one of them is the size of a small grape rest are smaller and soft had them all a while my bloods were fine i think if anything was wrong i would know by now but i do worry sometimes about them i csn also feel them in my groin but i think if anything was wrong they would be really big snd hard and you would be ill what you have is normal i really wouldnt worry i know its easy for me to say but tryx

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Well my stomach doesnt seem normal then because this is the right side but i do think it feels like its supposed to be there because its my right side from bottom to top so if it was a lump im sure i would have other symptoms.my lymph nodes in neck i have about 5 one of them is the size of a small grape rest are smaller and soft had them all a while my bloods were fine i think if anything was wrong i would know by now but i do worry sometimes about them i csn also feel them in my groin but i think if anything was wrong they would be really big snd hard and you would be ill what you have is normal i really wouldnt worry i know its easy for me to say but tryx

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

Sorry didnt think it posted