PDA

View Full Version : Drug Induced Health Anxiety. I need help.

RyanShields92
16-12-13, 03:30
Hello, my name is Ryan. I am 21 years old and from Glasgow. On the 1st of October of this year, I done something really silly. I took 3 ecstasy pills. Whilst on the pills I felt no euphoria, I felt deranged and really really panicky. My head pulsates, my body shook and I thought I was going to die. The next day I seen a doctor, she said my body was fine (she took my blood pressure, heart beat etc) and said that I should rest. The next few weeks were torture, I was taking regular panic attacks, constant anxiety and I was plagued with anxiety that I am goin got be permanently brain damaged. For a while I stopped going to university because it got so bad. Since about the middle of November I have been experiencing less anxious symptoms. I'm no longer experiencing regular panic attacks, although I do at times and I am generally in a better frame of mind. However, I am experiencing some physical symptoms that are concerning me a lot. I am getting tingling sensations on my temple and eyes. I am hearing swooshing noises and pulsations in my ears. I also feel a lot of pressure on the back of my head. Several times I have felt like I was going to faint as my body felt so weak. When I get these sensations my anxiety grows and grows and grows to the point I take a panic attack and feel like I am going to die. My veins are also sticking out my temples at times and they pulsate rather rapidly. My main fear is that I am going to take a stroke, or aneurism, or that I've caused blood clots or clogged my arteries. I haven't of course touched drugs since my experience and I will never do so again. I am slowly rebuilding my life. I seen a doctor 3 days ago to address the physical symptoms and he said I am fine. But I don't know, I'm still really scared at times. Are the physical symptoms I outlined a cause for concern? Are they typical anxiety symptoms? Does anyone have any advice on how to get over this? Please no one lecture me, I've learned my lesson the hard way. I'm slowly getting over this and I have made major progress recently. I just need support on how to combat this. Thanks everyone. Ryan.

Mr Mannering
16-12-13, 09:16
HI Ryan, these sensations have anxiety written all over them. I too suffered swooshing noise just by moving my eyes left and right. You wont be the last person to have developed anxiety through drugs. Even weed can cause someone to get fixated on there body and all the feelings it has on a day to day basis. A friend of mine had a similar reaction to smoking a joint. It just takes time to feel confident in yourself and you will be back to normal... whatever that it these days.:)

Sabre120
08-04-14, 05:58
Hey Ryan, I am in a very similar situation as you. I took Mephedrone which can have strong cardiovascular effects on the body. I have been experiencing panic attacks and unpleasant sensations in my arm, chest and neck, although things have improved significantly, I wne to the doctor and blood tests came back fine, although I'm still concerned about potential damage I may have done to my heart, so I think I will try to get an ECG done, it too has disrupted my university education significantly, my only hope is that i haven't done permanent damage to myself.