PDA

View Full Version : HA is going to ruin Christmas, OR I'm going to die...either way this sucks

scarykeri
16-12-13, 05:31
So, I posted a while back about this crazy symptom I have of a vibrating (like a muscle when you work it too hard) in my left thoracic region, mid back. I've had two chest x-rays which showed nothing in my heart or lungs. My doctor is convinced it is muscle/skeletal which is why he referred me to physical therapy - but NOTHING is working and there is now quite a bit of pain in that area too. I just feel like there is something inside me...I've had this symptom for over 6 months now and it gets a little better some days and then much worse on others. But never a day in 6 months where I didn't feel it at least once. It comes on when I'm talking to someone...WEIRD. Also when I'm walking or running but never when I'm just lying or sitting still (and not talking). I am going to go to a new doctor as soon as my records can be faxed over - a "physiatrist" which is basically a rehab doctor, like a physical therapist but is also an MD. I plan on telling my story again with the hopes she listens to me and takes me seriously. I am NOT making this up. Yes, I have terrible health anxiety, I am the first to admit. But I feel like no one, not even my husband, takes me seriously when I say that I feel like there is "something" terribly wrong. My symptoms are real and my pain is real. I am in school to get my Massage Therapist license but the back pain has kept me from being able to practice...how is that for irony?? Well, thanks for listening, I am not looking for medical advice, especially because not even my own doctor has heard of a symptom like mine so I would not expect anyone here would know what to say. I know there are lots of you who are in the same boat with crazy symptoms that make you feel like you are dying...and my heart goes out to everyone because this is truly debilitating. May we all get relief in some way, either from our symptoms or our HA or both.