PDA

View Full Version : Im thinking of ending it all. Do I have Long QT syndrome?

chl_hobbs
16-12-13, 10:08
Charlotte Hobbs (https://www.facebook.com/charlotte.hobbs.56?hc_location=stream)

Hi all. I hope u dont mind me posting but im very afraid right now. My history is long. Since being a teen ive always had the odd palpitation (pvcs) but they didnt bother me that much. I had a baby girl at age 25 no problems with heart during a 60hr labour and emerg c section. Then in sept 2011 a routine camera op (laparoscopy) in my womb went v wrong when he tore my spleen. I was told I might not survive andhad a 5hr major life saving op that night and was in itu. I develop...ed severe panic and ptsd after this. I was in and out of hosp convinced I was dying. 2 yrs later (despite therapy ) and im still very bad. I have been to a&e so many times they know my name. Each time its because of heart symptoms.I have chest pain, tightness, numbness in legs and arms, very fast sinus tachycardia, pounding heart, extreme dizziness, intolerance to heat, exercise, standing too long. Theyve found I can get up to 5000 pvcs (ectopic beats) per day but some days (espec when relaxed) I can get very few. Ive had a ct angiogram, ct calcium scoring,3 holters,a treadmill ecg,2 echoes (1st echo in feb estimated ef at 54% second echo in Aug said 64%). A few months ago I was on a cardio ward. I was getti g dizzy whilst walkin and chest tightness. During one of these episodes I had an ecg (was very panicked and hr was 139). On the printout I saw the ecg machine had written 'qtc 570ms' and on the one taken 2secs later it was 550ms. Well I got worse. I was cryin and screamin, phonin my fiance tellin him I would die. The nurses couldnt see why I was so upset. Theyd shown a cardio registrar and hed been fine with the ecg. Later I had another ecg and it was 440. When I saw several drs later durin that stay they all said they didnt follow the measurements on the ecg printout. ...but they never told me what THEY thought it was! I had several ecgs after that stay, all around 430-450ms on ecg printout at the top. Then again in Oct I had several palps and kept feelin dizzy again. Went to the hosp. Whilst with the consultant my heart rate started poundin and it was 135. He did an ecg and the first said qtc 540ms but again the one straight after was back at my norm. Again he didnt even mention it, and when I asked two drs the next day they again like the others, looked at me like I was mad and said they look at it themselves. Im scared (as usual). I am scared that 3 times now ive had v high qtc on the printout interpretation and that it seems my 'norm' is above 440 (usually 445). I must have had at least 5 cardiologists look at my ecgsand about 25 -30 normal drs and consultants. But few saw the high numbers ones. Im scared with my constant sysymptoms and panic that Im a a very high risk and I have a 3 yr old daughter to be there for please advise if u can. Im desperate. Im so sick and tired of this. I don't know what to do. I cant live like this

Charlotte xxx

HoneyLove
16-12-13, 10:40
Hi Charlotte, in the middle of all of his have you been getting any help with your anxiety? Apart from the therapy? Have you tried CBT or relaxation methods?

It sounds like you're being well looked after by your doctors, they've given you a lot of tests and made sure your heart is ok.

Have you ever been tested for POTS - I don't normally give people other medical conditions to think about lol, but your situation sounds very like a friend of mine who has POTS wHich is simply just a treatable issue with blood pressure. It's nothing to worry about or panic about, but it might be worth asking your doctor about. It might explain a lot of what you're experiencing, and it's worsened by stress which might explain why you feel so bad when this anxious.