PDA

View Full Version : Tinnitus

katya_1978
16-12-13, 11:47
Hi all,

A potted history: I'm a panic/GA disorder sufferer with a bit of depression thrown in for good measure. I'm on propranolol 80mg and have been for some years now.

I've had a pretty stressful couple of weeks; starting a new job and some very difficult/emotional times with my other 1/2. This has coincided with my palpitations getting worse, but a new thing that's reared it ugly head is tinnitus; on Saturday morning I woke up with a high pitched ringing in my left ear, this has now spread to both ears and is accompanied by some aching.

It is driving me up the wall, I've had about 5 hours sleep since Saturday and am in a right state. I'm terrified that I've got this for life.

Has anyone else suffered similar?

MrAndy
16-12-13, 12:50
Hi Katya I got tinnitus from taking quetiapine when my anxiety is bad it's terrible but goes down a notch when I'm feeling good
I take magnesium which is supposed to help it but also helps me sleep properly
Take care

Fly away Katie
16-12-13, 21:33
Hiya! I don't know if this will help, as the circumstances are different, but I've worked in a club for a few years, and I get this ringing on and off during the week days (I work weekends behind the bar). It comes and goes.

If you get stressed, it worsens (naturally).

Try not to worry, it won't be there forever! Not unless you've been silly and damaged your ears like me!!

Katie xxxx