PDA

View Full Version : For those who get the lump in the throat feeling..

Charlottie
11-11-06, 23:40
This may not work for everyone.
But I've just noticed that I go around with my shoulders tensed up all the time and now that I've relaxed them the feeling in my throat has disappeared.
So maybe if you suffer from this, try relaxing your shoulder muscles.

jacq
25-11-06, 10:57
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">This may not work for everyone.
But I've just noticed that I go around with my shoulders tensed up all the time and now that I've relaxed them the feeling in my throat has disappeared.
So maybe if you suffer from this, try relaxing your shoulder muscles.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Charlottie - 11 November 2006 : 23:40:47</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "i will try again tomorrow"

jacq
25-11-06, 11:03
hi i have had this problem for about 12 months now, the doctor has told me that when i get anxious my throat muscles tense up and i should just try to relax more (easy for her to say) i find it helps if i hum to myself as it opens up my throat, i have also taken up crocheting, as i am not yet very good at it i have to concentrate and this takes my mind off the panicky feelings.

courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "i will try again tomorrow"