PDA

View Full Version : Feeling so low at Christmas time

Lisa2013
16-12-13, 12:51
Ok y'all where do I begin apart from feeling so low with 3 very excited kids for Christmas I just can't pull myself together..
Had a good 2weeks then bang back to square 1 all because I had 3 spots on my neck which are nodules r some sort of acne and if convinced my self yes it's CaNCER again.. So ringing doc got in very quick and dmc said its spots but now I'm feeling like a little stiffness in back of neck and am so scared to go back to docs.. Don't want to be seen as a drama queen tbh m there tomorrow for a review of Meds so I'm going to end up having another break down telling the doctor.
Times I wish I could be normal again not for me but also kids I've never done a bad thing and feels like am been punished and it's effecting our whole family
So sad :(((

j2
16-12-13, 14:14
Lisa,

I know the feeling. I have 4 small kids and they are over the moon happy this time of year with the holidays while I struggle to get out of bed each morning and feel overwhelmed on a daily basis. I wish I had the answer but all I can tell you is that this isn't your fault anymore than someone with type 1 diabetes is their fault. We have a disease. Plain and simple. Just because we don't get easy to understand and share test results doesn't make anxiety any less of a disease or more our fault. I am sure you are a good person and you will get better. Take care and merry Christmas.

J2

skippy66
16-12-13, 14:24
It's not our fault at all but I wouldn't call this a disease.

You're focusing too much on your health at the moment. You need to get enough of a distraction in your life to counter this, and you will start to enjoy all the magical things about Christmas.