PDA

View Full Version : what else can the doctor do

I'mdave27
16-12-13, 12:58
I'm feeling anxious all over again and jf I'm honest it's nothing new , a negative cycle. However , I went to my doctor a few weeks ago maybe even a month , i'm not sure , he gave me mirtzapene (not sure if that's right) but the side effects are awful I'd wake up feeling hungover , moody and even feeling very violent. I even verbally lashed out at the people I love so I done what anyone would do and stopped taking them they are helpful for sleeping , not for anxiety. I take 40mg citalopram which does work but I feel it only works for depression because sometimes I am in such deep anxiety I feel like I'm losing my marbles , sorry if that's rude. Is there anything my doctor can give me to take along side citalopram or something over 5he counter ?

teej
16-12-13, 13:22
How long have you been on the citalopram? Have you had any periods where you've felt the anxiety has lifted at all?

I have to admit I'm facing the same problems at the moment although I'm only on 20mg and only 6 weeks taking them. I've had plenty of anxiety free points during those 6 weeks though.

I was going to give it another 6 weeks and see how I do before going back to my GP.

I'mdave27
16-12-13, 13:41
It comes and goes but it's always there with me in everything I do. I'm a natural worrier so that doesn't help me at all and I've read every self book there is , an exaggeration I know , but still nothing helps. I'm sick of being identified with anxiety and the stuff it comes with