PDA

View Full Version : Sore shoulder. Scared its breast cancer.

lelespears
16-12-13, 15:48
For over a year I've had pain on/off in my right shoulder. It runs down my arm too. It's like a deep ache. I get Breast pain on/off same side also. I'm worried its all cancer and it's spread.

abi
16-12-13, 16:13
Hi, sounds like you should examine your breast for any abnormality and see your gp, it would be very unlikely to be related to cancer, most likely a bad shoulder causing muscle pain across to the breast. Hope you feel better soon

hangingbasket
16-12-13, 18:38
I've had a pain in my ribs for months that radiated to my breast and I worried it was breast cancer. After finally mentioning it to my doctor she said it sounded muscular. I didn't believe her as it had been going on for months and months. She gave me anti inflammatory tablets and within a week the pain has just gone. I guess muscle aches can stick around a really long time. I'm pretty sure if you'd had breast cancer that long, there would be hell of a lump by now. I wouldn't worry. Try anti inflammatory tablets regularly for a while!

lelespears
16-12-13, 21:13
Thanks I did feel for lumps couldn't feel any.

Thanks I'm just so worried its breast or bone cancer

hangingbasket
16-12-13, 21:22
Honestly... those were my EXACT fears. I was positive it couldnt be just muscle pain. I dont remember injuring it and muscle pain doesnt hang around that long right?! I also had a high temp... which made me positive it was bone cancer. I've prodded my boobs so much lately it's crazy. And whoever said rib pain was a symptom of breast cancer anyway?! (I lost my mum to breast cancer in October so at least I know where that fear came from).
Your fears sound so similar to mine!!
Try some anti inflammatories... take them regularly and give it a week or so.. it's worth a try. I'm sure it wont be anything serious!

lelespears
17-12-13, 06:01
Really. Did it feel like a deep bone ache right into your elbow? My grandmother died of liver cancer & her shoulder always ached..

So scared

hangingbasket
17-12-13, 07:17
I'm not a doctor so if its really bothering you its probably worth getting checked but yes. My whole right side ached. Ribs, shoulder, breast, arm. I thought it had to be serious because it had gone on for so long but realistically it would have gotten worse after that long.
Ask your doctor for some good anti inflammatory tablets and see how you go.
I see your worries. My mums breast cancer had spread to liver and bones. It was only two months ago and I'm terrified. But my pain was dealt with simply.

lelespears
27-12-13, 16:14
Bump

Fishmanpa
27-12-13, 16:33
Unfortunately, no one here can diagnose and descriptions of aches and pains will only cause to increase your anxiety. Please book an appointment with your doctor. As all have said and experienced, it's highly likely just muscle ache as something sinister doesn't get better nor stay the same, it gets worse over time.

Positive thoughts