PDA

View Full Version : Should we check tissue and stool evry time we "go"??

abi
16-12-13, 16:03
Sorry for embarrassing/awkward post BUT is it "normal" to check the toilet and toilet paper every time we open our bowels?:whistles: Or is it irrational to do so?:blush:

Orange Lightning
16-12-13, 16:21
Sorry for embarrassing/awkward post BUT is it "normal" to check the toilet and toilet paper every time we open our bowels?:whistles: Or is it irrational to do so?:blush:

Well, I'd best be honest. Although I rarely worry about my bowels and their movements, I do tend to check. In my case it seems normal, but if I do spot something I check more often, then its more my anxious side breaking through. Make sense? :p

unsure_about_this
16-12-13, 16:24
I do. I also have a good look down in the bowl water and round the toilet. Even though my CBT person told me not too and possible the doctors. I am scared of cancer.

katesa
16-12-13, 16:39
I guess it means how you define "looking".

I think most people have a one second glance down there a few times a week and we'd notice anything obviously amiss by doing that.

If you mean scrutinising and poking around - no I don't do that and I don't think it is either necessary or helpful unless you've been told to by a doctor for some reason.

Fishmanpa
16-12-13, 17:32
Another Poo Thread! :) Don't ask.... ~lol~

As Katesa said, a quick glance is about normal and what most people do... unless it's especially large and warrants photographic proof ;) "Honey... bring the camera!"

Positive thoughts

abi
16-12-13, 17:42
:) haha. Yes, normally just a glance but worry what I might see!

cpe1978
16-12-13, 18:14
If it is a particularly good one I like to stand back in self reflective glory and admire my work :)

Oh and the serious answer is what Kate said.

katesa
16-12-13, 18:18
Ok. From now on, on any "bathroom" threads, I need to check whether Fishmanpa or cpe1978 have commented before reading. Just so I know to not drink and risk soaking my monitor while laughing at their answers.

hangingbasket
16-12-13, 18:26
I check every time. I don't know what for really. And I don't even mean a quick glance, I'm talking proper scrutinising. Just one of my HA things I guess. Poo is a huge worry for me :(

cpe1978
16-12-13, 18:29
Funnily enough I often think back to a school trip to the Archeological Resource Centre in York. They had the only complete human fossilised poo from 2000 years ago. It often makes me wonder whether any of us will be immortalised in such a fashion!

Fishmanpa
16-12-13, 18:36
I check every time. I don't know what for really. And I don't even mean a quick glance, I'm talking proper scrutinising. Just one of my HA things I guess. Poo is a huge worry for me :(

I normally can't stand to be in the bathroom longer than absolutely necessary anyway.... if you know what I mean ;)

Positive thoughts and air freshener

hangingbasket
16-12-13, 18:40
I spend more time in there checking than I spend...... ummm... yeah :)

katesa
16-12-13, 18:42
I spend more time in there checking than I spend...... ummm... yeah :)

:roflmao:

I love you guys.

hangingbasket
16-12-13, 18:47
I love this site. Where else could I be so honest about my obsession with my bowel movements!!!!

katesa
16-12-13, 18:48
As long as there have been no small fishtank nets involved, it's all good mate

hangingbasket
16-12-13, 18:50
Hmmmm..... I better stop talking now then :blush:

cpe1978
16-12-13, 19:23
Fishtank nets??? Need a full fleet of Norweigan trawlers on occasion :)