PDA

View Full Version : job offer and medical questionairre

littleme92
16-12-13, 18:59
Hi

Firstly I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place so sorry if its not.

I had an interview for an apprenticeship last week and got phone call the next day to say they were offering me the position - yay! However it is conditional based on references and a medical questionnaire. I was e-mailed the medical questionnaire which I completed. However I am worried now because it asked about mental health problems so I had to tell them I was on medication for anxiety and that I had been referred to a psychologist less than a year ago(that was another question).
I am worried that this will go against me can they take back the job offer because of this?

MrAndy
16-12-13, 19:25
No they can't take the job offer back because of that

teej
16-12-13, 19:58
From my limited experience of HR, it's more of question of dealing with liability from insurance purposes.

The only thing it may preclude is benefits from a company health insurance scheme.

Saying that, I'm on my company health insurance scheme despite suffering anxiety for 10 years and being a problem drinker.

littleme92
16-12-13, 20:13
Thank You both for replying I feel a bit better about it now

DeepBlue
20-12-13, 20:17
Good luck and hope everything works out ok. Would be interesting to know how things work out so please keep us updated. Personally whenever I am asked about mental health, which I always am when i go diving, I just say 'no problems'....saves the embarrassment I feel and I don't believe anyone checks anyway.