PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else?

mermaid
16-12-13, 19:34
Hi all

My anxiety symptoms usually start in the morning and settle by the evening but over last week it's the other way round.

Anyone else?

Mermaid

teej
16-12-13, 19:40
I have a mixture of both - usually mid-afternoon is best for me. I think it might be the daylight.

Are you taking meds or using a lightbox?

HoneyLove
16-12-13, 19:42
If you suffer with anxiety in the morning make sure that you're not skipping breakfast! Eat as soon as you can after you wake, it will help keep morning anxiety at bay :)

mermaid
16-12-13, 19:50
It's the late afternoons and evenings which are worse even though it's always been the other way round before.
I have not eaten properly for weeks. Upped dose of citalopram to 40mg 4 weeks ago and taking 5mg diazepam at night.

Mermaid

teej
16-12-13, 20:00
It might just be a blip? Have you tried any relaxation techniques?

HoneyLove
16-12-13, 20:03
Mermaid not eating properly will add more strain onto an already anxious body & nervous system. You need to look after yourself if you want to feel better, feed your body to feed your mind and mood xx

BobbyDog
16-12-13, 20:04
Mine are okay when I get up, then I start thinking and the anxiety gets progressively worse as the day goes on, I fuel my anxiety.

The advice about regular eating is spot on, you need to keep your blood sugar levels constant.

If I have to go out I usually take a chocolate bar with me as I am prone to hypoglycemia. This doesn't affect everyone with anxiety.

nomirawr1
16-12-13, 20:13
My anxiety is mostly at night, once it starts getting dark.