PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with constant head pains that worsen when you lie down?

anxious_thoughts
16-12-13, 23:54
I cannot take the thought of a brain tumour out of my head! It drives me crazy. For about 5 years now I have been unable to sleep comfortably. At first it started with me not being able to sleep on my right side as I would get right side head pains, and than all of a sudden in April it all went down hill. I was unable to sleep on my left side also because I would get left sided head pains.

Not only that, since around May I have been unable to sleep straight flat on my pillow because I start getting head pains in my forehead as well as forehead/top of head pressure. I spoke to my doctor about it and he didn't really think much of it and gave me a nasal spray thinking it could be sinus related. But it's been years, and months since this started happening and I just can't get my mind off how the position must effect my brain tumour. I'm now left sleeping almost sitting upwards with my pillow under my neck. Probably a bad position. :( Any ideas?

Fishmanpa
17-12-13, 00:47
I cannot take the thought of a brain tumour out of my head! It drives me crazy. For about 5 years now I have been unable to sleep comfortably. At first it started with me not being able to sleep on my right side as I would get right side head pains, and than all of a sudden in April it all went down hill. I was unable to sleep on my left side also because I would get left sided head pains.

Not only that, since around May I have been unable to sleep straight flat on my pillow because I start getting head pains in my forehead as well as forehead/top of head pressure. I spoke to my doctor about it and he didn't really think much of it and gave me a nasal spray thinking it could be sinus related. But it's been years, and months since this started happening and I just can't get my mind off how the position must effect my brain tumour. I'm now left sleeping almost sitting upwards with my pillow under my neck. Probably a bad position. :( Any ideas?

Hi Jenn,

I want you to read what I highlighted. You started off being worried about a brain tumor and by the end you had one! Can you see what you're doing? You essentially convinced yourself you have a brain tumor when indeed that's not the case according to your doctor!

Positive thoughts

anxious_thoughts
17-12-13, 00:49
Ahh, I know!

Just can't get my mind off of it. I don't understand what else could cause me these bad head pains when I lie down?

Fishmanpa
17-12-13, 00:56
According to your doctor, it appears it's sinus related due to the fact he gave you a nasal spray. Nasal/sinus congestion can cause headaches and head pains. I don't know where you're located but it's winter and dry. We run a humidifier to help keep moisture in the air and prevents our sinuses from drying out.

Positive thoughts

anxious_thoughts
17-12-13, 01:19
That's true. I'm in Canada, but I'm not sure if it's because of the weather as it's been happening for years and seems to be worsening as it only used to be one sided.

sammyb
17-12-13, 02:29
Hi jen im not too far from u here in ohio usa and my sinuses have caused me all sorts of problems for the past ten yrs. Its either head pain dizziness or just plain sick. Every time I do the same thing you are doing tho and think the worst. I just hope you can stay off google and definitely try to trust your doctor. Give the nasal spray some time to work and see if it gets better. I am praying for you to try to be more positive about things (believe me I kno how hard it can be). And if your climate is anything like the one I am in ( rain snow hot freezing dry wet etc etc...) sinus problems seem to be a way of life. I hope you feel better and merry xmas

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Ps. Im not a doc but when u lay down blood can be going toward your head making your sinuses flare up in some way. Try not to think brain tumors. . Leave that to your doc.. best of luck I feel for u

Bomkazi
23-12-13, 14:32
Sinuses can cause head pain, but sleep apnea can also cause pressure in the head and headaches. Not saying this is happening to you, but it is something GP's tend to miss. A sleep study can normally give clarity on the latter, but if you don't have any of the symptoms like fatigue, then it is unlikely to be apnea, but what I am saying is sometimes the symptoms can evoke fear, but the cause may be something much more simple.