PDA

View Full Version : Skin cancer fear

Stressed32
17-12-13, 03:31
Hi there. Been here off and on for about 4 years now. I have had many fears that range from HIV fears, pregnancy fears, fears of childbirth, and now cancer. I found a purple blood blister looking lump on my vagina. Popped it, it bled. OB said it was a blood blister, but in didn't believe him so I went to a dermatologist who said it was an angioma. She was going to send me home, but I questioned her bc of crap I read on Google...yes I googled! Anyway, she cut it off, but everything that gets cut off gets tested. Now I'm in limbo! I won't hear results until after the holidays and I have 2 babies to make the holidays special for so I don't have time to be a wreck! I keep telling myself that she was going to send me home until I pushed...but deep down I feel fear. What if she is wrong! What if it is cancer? I have 2 babies who need me! Ughh...help! I read that nod ular melanomas are often misdiagnosed and most deadly..and look like blood blisters.

sammyb
17-12-13, 04:32
I am a man but if your gynocologist said it was a blood blister then that is probably what it was. Do Not Google! It does no good. I am guilty of it mysef I know its hard not to. Of course if they cut it off they will check it. But it sounds like the docs arent concerned about it so try to go with that. Try to be positive about it. Myself I had a raised blood thing just like that on my stomach. This was before i became a hypochondriac. Doc took it off tested it and it was nothing. Things just seem to pop up .. doesn't mean its cancer .. try to be positive. . I know it can be nearly impossible but try.. enjoy your xmas .. don't know if it matters to you but im going to pray that you find some comfort. I know how hard it can be but keep on trying to be cool and you will pull thru.

machine
17-12-13, 05:37
Hi there. Been here off and on for about 4 years now. I have had many fears that range from HIV fears, pregnancy fears, fears of childbirth, and now cancer. I found a purple blood blister looking lump on my vagina. Popped it, it bled. OB said it was a blood blister, but in didn't believe him so I went to a dermatologist who said it was an angioma. She was going to send me home, but I questioned her bc of crap I read on Google...yes I googled! Anyway, she cut it off, but everything that gets cut off gets tested. Now I'm in limbo! I won't hear results until after the holidays and I have 2 babies to make the holidays special for so I don't have time to be a wreck! I keep telling myself that she was going to send me home until I pushed...but deep down I feel fear. What if she is wrong! What if it is cancer? I have 2 babies who need me! Ughh...help! I read that nod ular melanomas are often misdiagnosed and most deadly..and look like blood blisters.

Will worrying about the result, which you will get, change it? Don't google, don't self diagnose and put some faith in your practitioners.

jimbobrooney
17-12-13, 08:11
Dermatologists know straight away if something is bad. They have years of experience looking at these odd things

Mine told me once you get to 30 then little things start to appear on the skin that aren't dangerous

Fishmanpa
17-12-13, 12:33
Did you know that Dr. Google is being sued for false diagnosis and causing undue stress to HA sufferers? In an emotional testimony yesterday at the internet courthouse, a witness accused him of being a computer algorithm devoid of human emotion and compassion. The trial is set to continue today with testimony from several members of the NMP website, some of whom have been Dr. Google's patients for years!

Positive thoughts!

Stressed32
17-12-13, 14:24
You guys are 100% correct! I have got to get off of the ledge so to speak! You know how it is when you get here...hard to step down and get rid of that pit in your tummy...that feeling of doom that just looms over you. I guess my Gyno calling it a blood blister when it was in face an angioma made it a little worse bc my HA mind spun it big time and thought...well why couldn't she be wrong too, she being the dermatologist.

I think I need to testify at dr. Googles trial today!