PDA

View Full Version : Hello 3am ...... again

pas74
17-12-13, 03:52
Hello 3am. It's been a few nights since I last saw you. How are you doing? Have I told you how much I dislike you? How dare you interrupt my sleep. Why don't you leave me alone :mad: :mad:

Annie0904
17-12-13, 08:36
There is nothing worse thab lack of sleep. The last few nights I have only slept 3 hours each night :(

nomirawr1
17-12-13, 19:11
Ugh, waking up at night sucks!

Dunno if you've tried something like this, but I've recently found it works for me (I often wake several times a night and struggle to get back to sleep).
I visualize myself walking down a staircase (for some reason I often view an old brick staircase in a solid brick tower) and I count the steps as I go, picturing each step in detail, and it often helps me go back to sleep in a reasonable time frame.

pas74
17-12-13, 20:49
Ugh, waking up at night sucks!

Dunno if you've tried something like this, but I've recently found it works for me (I often wake several times a night and struggle to get back to sleep).
I visualize myself walking down a staircase (for some reason I often view an old brick staircase in a solid brick tower) and I count the steps as I go, picturing each step in detail, and it often helps me go back to sleep in a reasonable time frame.

Hmmm yes I visualise something similar, staring into blackness and this can work at times. Thankfully after a warm drink of milk I did manage to go back to bed and sleep for a couple of hours. Think I'm getting the hang of ignoring the anxiety a bit better. At least hoping that I am. :shrug:

danj
18-12-13, 17:37
I find the best thing to do is get up and do something boring like washing up (not tv or radio as it's stimulating) and then try to go back to bed after 30 mins.

MrAndy
18-12-13, 17:54
Pas try taking magnesium before bed time,it works for me

Fishmanpa
18-12-13, 18:26
I met his 3am's brothers 4am and itchy foot last night but they only stayed an hour and I was able to get back to sleep ;)

Positive thoughts

pas74
18-12-13, 19:19
Pas try taking magnesium before bed time,it works for me

Andy, yes I started taking magnesium on your recommendation and can say that they do help enormously. They certainly aid relaxation and I have no problem getting to sleep it's just staying in that state. However if I happen to wake at stupid o'clock I find that the anxiety that once consumed me doesn't bother me quite so much and I can tell it to get lost.

Also find if I do wake I'm hungry and in need of a warm drink.

MrAndy
18-12-13, 19:35
A banana just before bed can also help especially when you get the munchies
I had no problem getting to sleep but used to wake up at two three and couldn't go back
I won't go to bed early anymore and make sure I'm really tired,it seems to work

Fishmanpa
18-12-13, 20:11
Of course check with your doctor or pharmacist but when I need to get to sleep and stay asleep, I take a Benadryl. When I was in treatment, I had insomnia and they gave me Ambian. I woke up naked on the bathroom floor and didn't remember anything! ~lol~ I wasn't going to take that again so they gave me Benadryl. It worked great and had the added benefit of allowing to breathe easier ;)

Positive thoughts

MrAndy
18-12-13, 20:29
Eating two jam doughnuts before bed also works for me :D