PDA

View Full Version : 100000% convinced I have MS

ballerina
17-12-13, 07:07
I have been up all night worrying, my fingers, hands, feet and chest won't stop tingling, I have a shooting pain in my arm, oh god I'm panicking so much, I'm a dancer I couldn't bare the thought of ending up in a wheelchair, helppppp :'(

machine
17-12-13, 07:19
I have been up all night worrying, my fingers, hands, feet and chest won't stop tingling, I have a shooting pain in my arm, oh god I'm panicking so much, I'm a dancer I couldn't bare the thought of ending up in a wheelchair, helppppp :'(

When did the tingling start and what was going on in your life at the time it started?

ballerina
17-12-13, 07:23
When did the tingling start and what was going on in your life at the time it started?

It started last night, when I was worrying about my chest tingling so I googled it and it said MS, and then my hands and feet started too

machine
17-12-13, 07:52
In that case it sounds like you're had an anxiety symptom, you have focused on it, googled it, came across MS as a possible reason and worried yourself about it causing the original symptom to spread. The mind and body are inextricably linked.

You don't get MS over night, plus there would be other symptoms. You haven't got MS. It's the physical symptoms of elevated worry I.e anxiety.

Calm yourself down, give it time and the tingling will stop once you have physically and mentally calmed down.

ballerina
17-12-13, 07:54
Thank you :) that has reassured me a little, you know what HA is like, nothing is enough it's either you don't believe people that tell you you don't have it, but your worst nightmare would be the doctor telling you you do have it, you can't win :(

machine
17-12-13, 07:59
Precisely. And that's why it's health anxiety. How do I know you haven't got it? Because the circumstances of what you describe shriek 'anxiety' and if you went and told your doctor this scenario they would say the same.

Trust me, it's anxiety. Get some rest and calm yourself down.