PDA

View Full Version : ill + currently having 2 morbid fears :( need some relief

eastofeden
17-12-13, 10:07
Hi guys well im sick with the flu right now achey headache fever etc and its leading me to have two major fears:

The first is dying from myocarditis - its a disease that happens when flu attacks the heart and the heart destroys itself and you go into cardiac arrest + die. My whole family has the flu and im worried sick about them.
The odds of developing this are 1 in more than 100,000 but i am still terrified because it often has no symptoms and it is impossible to diagnose even with an ecg. So thats no 1.

The second fear is getting a blood clot from lying around these days from having flu.
I dont have any symptoms apart from mild sob but its freaking me out still.

I am trying to reassure myself but its so hard guys. I cant sleep even though im exhausted i keep thinking what if all the time.

I havent been to a&e for over a month and im proud of myself bc i used to go almost every week and i thought this has got to stop because it was getting out of hand. I dont want to break my progress again by going down to casualty again.
I dont even have any symptoms.
Can someone please reassure me and help me see clearly because every time i think rationally and irrational thought pops into my head. 5 weeks without going to the dr thats a record for me!

spacebunnyx
17-12-13, 10:25
Hi,

well done for not going to A&E :yesyes:

I have had blood clot anxiety in the past and I know its horrible. But:

1) you would know about it if you had it... there would be definite physical symptoms.. not "well there's this twinge..."
2) why are you sitting around if you are worried about clots? If you really can't move I would drink plenty of water.
3) the anxiety will pass. focus on that.

I had IVF which is a risk for clots because of the hormones and surgery, I also have dodgy blood clotting results for which I'm still being investigated for inherited blood clotting prob... and I didn't clot despite thinking I was going to die.

stay strong xxx