PDA

View Full Version : The Fire Inside

craigj1303
17-12-13, 12:37
I wrote this as a song rather than a poem about 8-9 years ago. At the time I didn't know what I was writing about or where the words were coming from. In the last 6 months I have realised I have general anxiety and have had for many years, now all the words make sense. It's about the unpleasant feelings inside and not really understanding them, how to deal with them and wanting them to go away. But also about not wanting anyone to notice or judge me for them.

Now at least I understand what I am dealing with, I am more confident that some day I will quench the Fire Inside:

The Fire Inside

Thinking of ways to hide
The fire inside
Keep it at bay
Chase it away

I'm finding it hard to leave
This web that I weave
I cannot afford to love you
Place no-one above you

I'm tired of being on the outside looking in
I don't know where my life begins
Survey a multitude of sins
Across the whole world as it spins

Destined to be
A boat lost at sea
Caught in a storm
So far from home

I'm loathe to reveal
A world so surreal
I cannot avoid the fight
Try as I might

I'm tired of being on the outside looking in
I don't know where my life begins
Survey a multitude of sins
Across the whole world as it spins

blue moon
18-12-13, 11:52
Craig,that is very good,do you have more?if so you should post them.

Petra. X:D

TooMuchToLiveFor
28-12-13, 17:15
I agree! That is a really good piece of work. Please do share more if you have them. :)

Rennie1989
29-12-13, 11:05
I really like it! You say it's lyrics for a song, what kind of melody or genre would be played to this?

craigj1303
02-01-14, 15:28
Thanks guys for your kind words and feedback. Rennie, I don't really know what kind of Genre it would fit really, I wrote it on my acoustic guitar and just recorded it as a demo with just the guitar and vocals with the intention of building on it at a later time, but it never happened.

Was just going through old demos the other day and found this from 8-9 years ago and listening to the lyrics finally worked out what I was writing about. It was my anxiety and the feelings I was experiencing as a result.

I'll see if I can post the recording somewhere and send you a link! :)

Craig