PDA

View Full Version : could i be claustrophobia?

fruity
17-12-13, 13:16
well i,ve never realy experienced it before but today i went to watch my daughter in her xmas show in our local church so mums & dads were seated & i just felt all cramped up & hot. my mind was racing like what if thoghts. i fellt my throat slightly tighten(not bad)but i concentrated on my child & all was well. o & also when we had to stand up & went all swayee like i was on a boat. so no im wondering am i or aint i? i mean i get all that sometimes when nervous but in crowded or inclosed spaces im ok....

Notsoskinny
04-07-14, 18:53
Hi Fruity,
New to this website just today, as I'm seeking help with regards to my own claustrophobia. Noticed your post when doing a quick search and wanted to leave a post before continuing my search.
I definitely do have claustrophobia and my symptoms are :- Feeling panicky when in confined spaces , my head feels like it is pressurised when I am having an episode. I find it difficult to swallow and my mouth becomes dry. I don't know if my other symptoms are linked to anything else, but I also panic if I get my hand stuck , I can't wear my wedding ring since I nearly sliced my finger trying to get it off one time, and if I'm in a traffic jam in my car with vehicles around me hemming me in, I feel a strong urge to get out of the car ( even though moments earlier I was quiet happy with the space of the interior of the car I was in ). I cant get in to the back seat of cars that don't have rear doors, and if they do, I need the childlock to be de-activated in order to do so ( although I still much prefer to sit in the front !! ). I don't get 'what if ' thoughts, I just have a very strong need to get away from the environment I'm in. Hope some of this text helps. Take Care.

Catherine S
04-07-14, 20:31
Hi Notsoskinny, I'm really claustropobic too and have never known another person have the fear of sitting in the back of a 2-door car, before so welcome to that club! I plan my days around this condition, can be a challenge to say the least :)

ISB x