PDA

View Full Version : fear of a panic bus drive

cazzy
17-12-13, 18:02
Its the time of year again where i go to London with my daughter and 54 of her friends and parents to watch the horse show ...Exactly this time last year i was having withdrawal symptoms off diazepam and having terrible panic attacks ...The year has approached me again and in a few more days i be off on the bus for a 4 hr drive and if anything like last year , my panic attack was draining , causing my stomach to wobble and needing the toilet bus loo most of the way , i was feling sick ,hot , pains in the chest ...got to the stadium my legs were like jelly but stuck it out 6 hrs there , then to travel home with the bus breaking down ....no one knows i suffer with my nerves but obviously this day i think others knew something was wrong ....my head is making up all excuses and the 1 st panic i had for ages was this morning thinking about where to sit on the bus , take extra clothing , which side of the bus to sit , wether on the right or left or in the front or back ...my mind is making me sick with worry , my little girl is so excited about going , and heres me praying that we have a heavy down pour of snow , or maybe i wont go and ask another parent to watch her , my heads all over the place , i know i got to make an effort to go as it be a big achievement for myself , but how , please help !!!

Edie
17-12-13, 19:03
I'm sorry you're feeling this way!

Remember a lot's changed since last year. Last year you were coming off diazepam. And even then you did get through it. This year you have not had a panic attack in ages apart from this one-off recent one. There's no reason why you can't manage this trip. And imagine the achievement you'll feel when you get home afterwards.

HoneyLove
17-12-13, 20:52
Cazzy it would be a good idea for you to learn a technique that will help you cut off the panic attacks before they start.

A breathing technique would be a good idea.

Or I use one called Emotional Freeedom Technique (EFT). It's a weird looking tapping technique that you can use to stop the rising feeling of panic, and I've found it incredibly helpful. Since I learned it I do not have panic attacks any longer. There are lots of free videos on YouTube that will teach you how to do it, it's very simple and quick - I really recommend it.

cazzy
18-12-13, 22:33
thank you both , im still stressing ...im going to have a look of EFT ..X

Edie
23-12-13, 23:13
Did you make it to London Cazzy? xx

cazzy
24-12-13, 09:17
I made it !! and made it back ..omg !! i ended up getting in contact with my support worker , she said she be there 24 \7 for me that day and she was , she popped in a breathing exercise sheet the night before and said to text her when i needed too . I did take a small dose of diazepam and it made me sleepy and i did have 2 panic attacks and contacted her by text and she helped me through ...but i did it !! , but wont be doing it next year lol ...
thanx Edie for asking ..xx

Edie
25-12-13, 18:27
Glad you made it, well done :hugs: