PDA

View Full Version : Right side jaw pain

RVP
17-12-13, 19:36
Hey, just recently I started getting sharp right side jaw pain which lasts for like half a second now and then.
Is it what I think it is? or probably just my jaw?

HoneyLove
17-12-13, 19:53
I think you've posted about jaw issues before, right?

Something like this is likely to be muscle tension in your jaw muscles, due to anxiety. The jaw muscle is very powerful and can be very painful if overworked.

Have you been working on reducing your anxiety? It would help a lot with this kind of issue.

RVP
17-12-13, 19:59
You're right I have mentioned about my jaw before, but this is a sharp pain now and then, the last time I posted about my jaw it was weird pressure feeling on the joints.

I haven't done anything about my anxiety as of yet I just haven't had time to do anything. I've been extremely busy with University and going through a death in the family so it's been a tough few months.

Fishmanpa
17-12-13, 20:01
Just recently as in when? It lasts for just a half a second or so? And it happens just now and then? What is it that you think it is? What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

RVP
17-12-13, 20:03
It happens for about a second just a sharp pain which comes and goes very quickly.
It started..maybe, 20-30 minutes ago
I think it's the start of a heart attack
and I'm not doing anything about my anxiety at the moment

HoneyLove
17-12-13, 20:04
Honestly RVP, looking after a mental health problem is extremely important, you need to *make* time for it if you want to feel better.

It doesn't take much: some online CBT at your own pace, maybe a few books on dealing with anxiety, 10/15 mins of meditation or relaxation every day, getting out for a bit of exercise every few days, eating well - these things cost barely anything in terms of time but will help you build a lifetimes worth of stress management techniques.

Fishmanpa
17-12-13, 20:05
HLove said it before I did ;)

Positive thoughts

RVP
17-12-13, 20:10
So you guys don't think it's anything serious?

Fishmanpa
17-12-13, 20:22
So you guys don't think it's anything serious?

Oh it's serious! Your HA that is. Take a look back at your last year on here. Over 100 threads about various symptoms, fears and illnesses. None of which came to light. I would say that's serious. Serious enough that it requires some help.

I know from other's posts here that the help available through the health system in the UK is sketchy at best but you have to start somewhere. In the mean time while you're waiting, there are self help CBT courses on line, books and relaxation techniques and if your budget allows, private counseling. Like HLove said, if you want to get better, you have to make the time and take the initiative to do so.

Positive thoughts

I wanted to add that you're young enough to be my kid. You have so much living to do! Life is an awesome experience and it's so worth living. Take it from someone who has nearly lost his life due to some of the serious illnesses you fear. My illnesses can bury me six feet under the ground. What you're dealing with can bury you above ground. Living in fear and with worry is not living.... fight back and live ya hear!

RVP
17-12-13, 20:40
I do try, and try really hard to live my life as normal as possible.
I can be completely fine 90% of the time and the other 10% is when there is an ache or pain coming from part of a body which then leads to me googling or assuming I have something wrong with me.

will CBT be able to teach me how to ignore pain? or how to think differently when there is pain?

Fishmanpa
17-12-13, 20:43
Give it a look see....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91696]

Positive thoughts

HoneyLove
17-12-13, 20:48
RVP you told us that you don't do anything about the anxiety, so we took your word for what you said. When you say try what do you mean?

Anxiety issues generally need techniques and lifestyle change to resolve, it will take some determined effort.

For that 10% of the time that you struggle, the CBT will give you real techniques that you can put into practice to help you think more rationally and not focus on your body.

RVP
17-12-13, 20:52
Thank you Fish, I've just registered.

HoneyLove when I mean I try I mean I try to ignore my symptoms but I can't.

HoneyLove
17-12-13, 20:55
That's why you're falling down RVP, you're trying to squash the worries down rather than learning a healthy method of dealing with them. I used to do the same myself.

It won't work long term, believe me I know!

You need to learn how to deal with the irrational thoughts in a way tha will genuinely help. CBT it excellent for this, it would be worth investing some time in.

RVP
17-12-13, 21:28
Thank you, I will check out CBT, now that I have registered I will follow it.
I am also going to purchase Skippy's book when I get paid.