PDA

View Full Version : Fed up, please help.

Cammy
17-12-13, 20:31
Everyday for the past god knows how long, I've felt sick. You know that feeling where you have no appetite, your stomach hates you, you feel faint and weak. Is there anything I can ask for at the docs? What tests can I ask for?
There must be reason why I've felt so sick?

I must sound like a broken record sorry

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

It's mainly my stomach. It's been really sore the past few days. I've not eaten anything off, I have to curl up to releive pain :(

HoneyLove
17-12-13, 20:43
Hi Cammy, I have to tell you that I tend not to reply to your posts because you don't seem to reply to the advice people give you and Im not sure if you're reading what's being said to you?

That said, stomach problems are very common with anxiety due to muscle tension and the excess acid it creates. However, we are not doctors here, so if you have a serious issue with stomach pain it would be wise to see your GP.

Cammy
17-12-13, 20:50
I'm sorry honeylove I really do appreciate the help and advice you all give me, I'm just far to quick to jump to conclusions with my health. It's just so hard to believe that mental health can leave you feeling physically ill. I take citalopram and have been for about 3 months but I don't think it is helping me at all.

HoneyLove
17-12-13, 20:53
You have to do more than take the pills Cammy, recovery from anxiety takes determined effort on behalf of the sufferer. Have you tried any lifestyle change, relaxation methods or CBT?

Maybe it would be a good idea to read back through your other threads and read the advice people have been giving you.

Cammy
17-12-13, 20:59
I've been on citalopram since about September, I gave up smoking a few months ago, I've only had one night of drinking since July and I don't plan on drinking again soon. I've been to the gym the past two days and I'm going to continue going. And I have an appointment with a therapist on the 7th of jan. X