PDA

View Full Version : Religious or Athiest?

AnxietySufferer
17-12-13, 20:29
Anxiety Has made me think a lot more in depth about my own mortality, I was wondering what other peoples views are on life after death, ghosts, evolution theory or exsistence of somthing more? my biggest question (as someone who would very much like to believe there is more), what makes us as humans any more important than say a fly that only lives a few hours and reproduces at a very fast rate? I mean surely not every living organism can have an after life? trillions and trillions of people have lived and died surely they cant all live another life at the same time? i mean it just doesnt seem possible?
And whats your views on burial/cremation?
Also peoples views on pain and death, can we feel pain? do we go into a dream like state before we die? just some questions tht have been playing on my mind recently. I have googled this sort of thing but i find i get far to carried away and end up feeling really down and insignificant.. I know I should be enjoying life but.. im really struggling.:unsure:
Any comments are welcomed :D

PanchoGoz
17-12-13, 20:34
If you search the forum there are loooooooooooads of thread on issues such as these. You could grab a beer and read them all night and be just as confused by existance in the morning :D

AnxietySufferer
17-12-13, 21:13
Haha really?! How do I do a search?! I have never done one before... I have a funeral coming up so I guess it's on my mind a bit!

AnxietySufferer
17-12-13, 21:27
I know :P was just looking for opinions really, i mean everyone has different views right ?!:P

PanchoGoz
17-12-13, 21:39
Haha really?! How do I do a search?! I have never done one before...

Assuming this isn't sarcasm (please god) you click on search at the top of the page and type stuff in!! Even better if you type a relevent word or two and tick the "search titles only" box, that's even more acurate :yesyes:

NE21 worrier
17-12-13, 22:26
It probably isn't sarcasm tbh.

Don't get me wrong, I love this forum - lots of helpful people here and it is generally well laid out - but it took me weeks to notice Quick Links/Search etc at the top of the page, probably because, like most people, you get sucked in looking through the topics on the main body of the board.

Anyway, I don't think too much about my mortality, although it is quite commonplace in people with anxiety, particularly if the anxiety is focused on the physical symptoms. I've got a tough couple of days coming up at work - you would think we might be winding down but sadly not(!) - but I feel calm generally and the first thing which goes, my appetite, is still there tonight.

Peter x