PDA

View Full Version : Cannot shift this health worrying

unsure_about_this
18-12-13, 16:07
So with 6 sessions down with my CBT I thought things may help me.

I just worry so much, still with bowel cancer worries had the camera up my back side ( sigmoidoscopy ) CT scan, MRI scan, abdominal ultrasound, blood test, abdominal felt 5 times (one GP did not even bother) same for rectal exam.

I cannot stop worrying about cancer, I worry about shoulder bones, arms pain, rumbling in stomach.

I also worrying about my poop shape a lot. I still have a good look down the bowel regular when I go. (I know it depends on what you eat) and drink. I always jump to the wrong thing and should not have trusted Dr Google from the start.

With my fears about testicular cancer again more checking than ever and now because I am 30 worrying about prostate cancer even more than ever. I would like more test and exams, even though I have a lot spent on my tests in the last 12 months.

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

All what has been found from the sigmoidoscopy is possible a small loopy thing on the small bowel which could have been there since birth. I am scared having this scan done nuclear abdominal something scan.

I am sure if there were polyps found from my sigmoidoscopy or rectum I would have been sent for a colonoscopy.

Elen
18-12-13, 16:23
Phil CBT will help but it takes time.

Have you been using the techniques that your therapist showed you?

Unfortunately it is unlikely that your HA will go away but with practice you can learn to control it and stop the compulsive checking.

Good luck

Elen

unsure_about_this
21-12-13, 17:50
I have been trying to use the techniques but I don't think there are working. I just cannot focus on them. I am very scared that I have symptoms, but it probably that little voice in my head telling me.

I been given some meditation online to try.

toria
21-12-13, 18:25
Hi could of wrote your post myself I am in a constant state of panic at minute about similar things mainly cervical cancer which I no you are male so won't affect you but also bowel cancer I have pains in pelvic groin and stomach all time at the minute like a constant worry circle pain worry pain worry each makes the other worse I have had scans and blood test did have a sigmoidoscopy just over 3 years ago, but so convinced its serious it's running my life I start cbt properly in jan I hope it helps really need something like you just wanted to say I am same as you and no how it feels hope thing improve for you take care xx