PDA

View Full Version : My experience coming off Fluoxetine

Fras
18-12-13, 21:59
Hey

I've had a very short course of fluoxetine (6 months). I have come off it because I feel like I am strong enough and my life has settled a bit to try out going solo again :)

I just wanted to say chin up to any of you guys struggling at the moment, especially starting fluoxetine. All I can say is it does get better if you can just hold on until about 6 weeks. You have to get over the hump before you see real benefits.

Okay coming off. I dropped down to one pill every other day for two weeks. By about a week I thought I had made a mistake because the familiar chest heaviness and stomach tensing was back. I stuck it out though and after three weeks, if that, I was totally normal. I took my last pill 10 days ago, and have had none of those symptoms, a general fuzziness notwithstanding, which makes me think that one every other day is not a proper dose, so coming off it isn't that hard.

It is possible to come off by tapering with minimal problems. I have drank quite a lot the past two weeks, but I think it's just the time of year. Just on the tea tonight anyway.

Hope that helps somebody considering coming off soon. I would recommend fluoxetine to others, I preferred it to citalopram which I took around 7 years ago for a similar amount of time.