PDA

View Full Version : Worried about pain on left should and left side of neck :(

anxious_thoughts
18-12-13, 23:31
I'm at work and have been having this shoulder and neck pain for about 20 minutes now :( I'm scared it's a heart attack, just feels so sore for no reason :(

nomorepanic
19-12-13, 00:18
Do you have central chest pain as well?

nomorepanic
19-12-13, 00:23
I think you have gone offline now but I doubt you would be posting asking if it was a heart attack if it was.

Sometimes we get aches and pains and it does NOT mean anything is wrong.

Fishmanpa
19-12-13, 00:59
Sometimes we get aches and pains and it does NOT mean anything is wrong.

You should hear me grunting and groaning as I get up out of my chair.... nothing wrong with me at all except for normal aches and pains ;)

Positive thoughts

P.S. Did you check out the link for the free CBT I posted on a previous thread?

anxious_thoughts
19-12-13, 14:48
Hey guys, thank you both for replying. Sorry I couldn't stay online, work was very busy.

I didn't have any chest pains. Thankfully. It's very weird because after I realized that the pain would get worse after I had my head turned to the left for a long time.
I don't remember ever injuring my neck, very weird!

Fishmanpa, haven't had a chance to yet. Definitely this weekend. :)

katesa
19-12-13, 14:57
Definitely muscular in my unprofessional opinion. Hope you're feeling better today!

Please do check out the CBT, it's brilliant. And completing a module of it doesn't take much longer than posting here, honest. x

anxious_thoughts
19-12-13, 17:07
Hello Katesa. Thanks for replying!

Neck isn't too bad today, although I'm worried about it happening again if I decide to turn my neck and have it there for a while.

I will definitely check it out today! Thank you :)

Fishmanpa
19-12-13, 17:16
I'm worried about it happening again if I decide to turn my neck and have it there for a while.

Well... don't turn your head and have it there for a while! If anyone holds a body part in a position long enough they'll get some discomfort.

Patient: Doc, it hurts when I do this....

Doc: Don't do that!

Positive thoughts

katesa
19-12-13, 17:29
Yep, as Fishmanpa just said above, if you hold anything anywhere for too long, you're going to get an ouchie.

This is especially true if you have pulled/sprained/knocked anything and it is SO EASY to hurt your neck. If you hurt the muscles in your neck through bad posture etc it very commonly hurts the shoulder or upper back too - even your fingers sometimes! So it needs rest, not extra strain.

HoneyLove
19-12-13, 18:34
If you're still having issues with TMJ then this will definitely feed into neck pain, and they can feed into each other in a bit of a vicious cycle.

My own TMJ and neck pain have reduced massively with the reduction of a lot of stress in my life, it's really show me the toll that anxiety and worry can take on our bodies.

anxious_thoughts
20-12-13, 16:26
Thank you guys so much for the responses! Makes me think about things that aren't that sinister.

My jaw has been bad the last few days. Every time I yawn I get this click on the right side that hurts! Still doing those TMJ exercises though. So hopefully they help with the TMJ pain.