PDA

View Full Version : tonsillitis woes :(

cattia
19-12-13, 07:43
I am off work today with my second bout of tonsillitis in six weeks :( Tue Dr thinks it is most likely viral so antibiotics won't do much. I am now terrified that I am going to keep on and on getting it. I also have really bad conjunctivitis. Both the Dr and pharmacist were surprised that it hasn't cleared up after three days of antibiotic eye cream. I'm on day four now and no improvement, they couldn't give me anything elses for it. I feel like my health has been so bad this year. I have hardly had a month free of illness of one kind or another. It's making me worried that something underlying is wrong that's causing all this. I have honestly never been as ill in my life as I have been this year.

cattia
19-12-13, 15:20
Well, I googled viral conjunctivitis and it seems it lasts two or three weeks :(
If and when I recover from this, I need to get healthy. My anxiety has been bad this year. I don't sleep enough and don't eat healthily. I have two small children and I work in a demanding job four days a week. One day of the weekend my husband works so I have the kids in my own. We only have one day all together.
I used to exercise a lot, but I have stopped since increasing my hours at work. I have no time and am conatantly unwell.
When I get home from work, it is a constant round of cooking, preparing clothes and lunches for the following day. I am a teacher so I often have work to do in the evenings too. I have no time to rest. Perhaps this is why I am so ill and run down.
I am worried that i have run my body down so much that I won't be able to recover this time.

cattia
19-12-13, 19:49
I also read that if I get more than six episodes in a year they might consider removing my tonsils so that gives me some hope.

cattia
20-12-13, 07:08
Since nobody ever talks to me on here these days I'll just keep chatting to myself lol!
Off to the docs again this morning as conjunctivitis had now spread to the other eye and feeling rough as rough can be. Means I am missing the staff Christmas do. So gutted, i love Christmas and all the celebrations. It's my favourite time of year and this year I cant enjoy it because I feel so rough.

HoneyLove
20-12-13, 07:25
Hi Cattia, I'm sorry you've been feeling so bad lately. I thought I would mention to you that I don't reply to many of your posts because you often don't reply to the people who write to you!

I said the same to Cammy recently. I don't know how others feel on the boards, but after a couple of replies that don't get responded to it makes me feel like giving up.

It's just something to think about when you're creating posts and hoping for replies. I'm not saying this to scold you, but only to suggest why you're not getting many replies these days.

I hope you're feeling better soon anyway.

cattia
20-12-13, 09:30
Thanks Honeylove, you're right, I will make more effort in that respect. I realise that does look rude and I apologise. I suppose when I used to come here I knew lots of people and now I feel like a bit of an outsider. I've been on boards like this since 2004 so I know they change and people come and go. I should probably try to make more effort to talk to people. When I see how many people view my posts and nobody replies I get down in the dumps, but communication is a two way thing and I will make more effort to talk back to people as well.

HoneyLove
20-12-13, 10:11
I'm sorry that you've been dealing with anxiety for such a long time, you must be exhausted at this stage.

Have you taken any steps to deal with it, like therapy, CBT or daily relaxation methods?

cattia
20-12-13, 17:40
I've tried all sorts. Medication has helped a lot in the past but I don't want to go back on it at the moment. I had a course of CBT when I was in my twenties and it helped a lot with managing the symptoms of my anxiety. I more recently had a course of telephone CBT which I didn't find helpful at all. I have had two years of counselling. I have tried hypnosis. I have read a lot of self help books and tried to put them into practice. I have acupuncture and do relaxation or self hypnosis often but not as often as I should. Various things have helped with my anxiety but it is always there and when I get tired a.d stressed it takes over. I spent a long time in my early twenties trying to find a cure for my anxiety. These days I prefer to think about managing it. I beleive it is something I sip always be prone to, and trying to keep it in check is the best I can do. However it does wear me down sometimes. I habe hadong periods anxiety free in the past, but once a downward spiral starts, it's hard to stop. For me, it has a lit to do with being tired and run down and my mental resources running low.