PDA

View Full Version : Seroxat Week 12

Carl8825
19-12-13, 14:18
Ok so I'm in week 12 now and I had been feeling great but the last few days I've started to slip back into the old doom and gloom, been feeling down and bored of everything is this normal with seroxat?

Carl8825
19-12-13, 21:11
Also still struggling with sleep, I think working nights doesn't help, should I tell my GP that I want a higher dose or consider changing to a different medication?

Carl8825
20-12-13, 21:23
If anyone could help or offer advice that would be greatly appreciated

Darbysa
21-12-13, 09:14
Hi Carl
I'm a long term seroxat user and like you found that it worked almost instantly for me and has been very effective. That said, there are still times when I have the odd blip. 12 weeks is a relatively short time and you need to let things settle. I think you're right that working nights may make things a little more tricky. What dose are you on? I've been on 20mg for some time now. I have had long spells where I've taken it down to 10mg and everything been fine but then after a while ended up in trouble and upping the dose back to 20. I think we need to remember that it's perfectly natural to have ups and downs in mood whether we suffer from anxiety/depression or not. Try not to let a little down time make you think that you're sliding back again. I know it's hard as I've been there and thought that myself. That said, its probably worth talking it through with your doctor.
Hope you pick up soon and find a way through this.
Sal

Carl8825
21-12-13, 12:28
Hi Sal thanks for the reply, I'm currently on 20mg and yeah I felt better after about two weeks but now I feel like I've slid back again. Sleep definitely affects it, I always overthink things and fear the worst but you're right and what you say makes a lot of sense I just need to convince myself of that :)

Carl8825
21-12-13, 20:07
Today I've been feeling bad it's really weird like when I started I felt good after a couple of weeks an back to my normal self and didn't have any intrusive or worrying thoughts but then this week I've gradually started feeling worse again and been worrying and thinking about how bad I was before etc it's really odd. I recently had an ear infection and wondering maybe this is what triggered it. I really don't want to go back to feeling horrific again :(