PDA

View Full Version : New here and anxious

serenstars
19-12-13, 17:14
Hi all,

I'm not a diagnosed anxiety person but I know I have it (and OCD too), today I am having a bad one. Currently my husband is out on his works Christmas do, which I don't have a problem with. My problem lies in him getting home...I know he will be drunk and we live about 12 miles from where he is out so will entail a train journey home plus a 30min walk from the station. I have had bad feelings all day, and not being able to concentrate. I worry about something happening to him getting home, or him not coming home at all (which has never happened before), I worry about what I would do and who I would contact to help me. Its not the first time I have felt like this, I do most of the time. He went to our local supermarket the other day and because he took slightly longer than what I thought I was already imagining him having crashed the car! I worry about him on his commute to work etc etc.

Is there anyone out there that can help these awful feelings and thoughts ? Or just tell me I am not being stupid and mad.

thanks Claire

ray52
19-12-13, 17:26
Hi Claire
Anxiety can be real disability for a lot of people on here ( me included ) so don't think that you might be stupid or mad. You might benefit from a visit to your doc and talk through your problems with him or perhaps text your husband when you have these thought to reassure yourself he's ok.

Ray

relda
19-12-13, 21:46
Hi Clare

You're really not stupid or mad. I've been like it since I was a child, it was my parents then, if they were late etc. now I'm exactly the same with my husband. I get him to email me when he gets to work & I have to phone him several times a day just to check he's ok. If he's late my anxiety goes through the roof, I describe it as tunnel vision, I can't think about anything else until he's home. Truly awful.

Just know you're not alone in this.