PDA

View Full Version : Think I'm having a heart attack

ballerina
19-12-13, 19:22
I'm having chest pains and pains in the same place on my back and under my left armpit and my jaw feels numb and weird, please tell me this isn't a heart attack because I can't even get to A&E :(

HoneyLove
19-12-13, 19:40
Hi ballerina, I think you posted recently about the same fear with similar symptoms? Have you spoken to your GP about your anxiety levels or looked into getting some help with the HA?

katesa
19-12-13, 19:40
Ballerina,

Very recently you have been certain that you have cancer, a brain tumour,and MS (which I do have). Hon, you're just going from one thing to another.

You aren't having a heart attack but if you are that worried, call 111 from your phone - they will assess you and if they were at all concerned, they would arrange transport to a hospital for you.

mummyanxious
19-12-13, 19:52
As above, they'll send an ambulance so don't worry about that one.

Fishmanpa
19-12-13, 20:26
I've had two heart attacks. I really don't think you'd be posting on an anxiety forum asking if you're having one of you were really having one. They hurt just too damn much to be posting I assure you!

Positive thoughts

ballerina
20-12-13, 00:07
Hi guysss, I went to my dance class and exercise made it hurt so much, I like doubled over in pain, my dance teacher insisted on taking me to the walk in centre at the end of the class, pretty embarrassing but at least I wasn't panicking in front of everyone. The nurse says it's musculoskeletal pain, under my arm looked quite swollen so she said that could be affecting nerves, hence the shooting pains up and down my arm and in my jaw and tingly fingers and why I was scared I was developing MS (that was irrational anyway but at least I know I wasn't creating the pain with my anxiety, it is actually there).
Sorry for bombarding you all with health worries on this forum all the time haha

jared
20-12-13, 03:40
ballerina, that's what this forum is for. support in our times of need.

those musculoskeletal pains can really be bothersome. I get them too. Just hang in there, things will get better. Try taking Ibuprofen and some anti-inflammatory drinks/shakes/malts.